This research was supported by a grant to the first author from the National Institute of Justice (2001-WT-BX-0002). Thanks to Gillian Mason and Kelly Kinnison for research assistance and Dan Lewis, Rebecca Campbell, Irene Frieze, and anonymous reviewers for comments on an earlier draft. We are especially grateful to the women who shared their life experiences for this study.
Intimate Partner Violence as an Obstacle to Employment Among Mothers Affected by Welfare Reform
Article first published online: 8 NOV 2004
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 60, Issue 4, pages 801–818, December 2004
How to Cite
Riger, S., Staggs, S. L. and Schewe, P. (2004), Intimate Partner Violence as an Obstacle to Employment Among Mothers Affected by Welfare Reform. Journal of Social Issues, 60: 801–818. doi: 10.1111/j.0022-4537.2004.00387.x
- Issue published online: 8 NOV 2004
- Article first published online: 8 NOV 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!