The author is a lecturer at the School of Languages and International Education, University of Canberra, Australia. She has been working on a Chinese-English/English-Chinese dictionary project at the University of Hawai‘i since 2001.
Processing Constraints, Categorial Analysis, and the Second Language Acquisition of the Chinese Adjective Suffix -de(ADJ)
Article first published online: 6 AUG 2004
© 2004 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 54, Issue 3, pages 437–468, September 2004
How to Cite
Zhang, Y. (2004), Processing Constraints, Categorial Analysis, and the Second Language Acquisition of the Chinese Adjective Suffix -de(ADJ). Language Learning, 54: 437–468. doi: 10.1111/j.0023-8333.2004.00261.x
An earlier version of this article was presented as a paper at the 11th EuroSLA Conference held in Paderborn, Germany, September 26–29, 2001, and at a seminar in the department of Second Language Studies at the University of Hawai‘i in November 2001. I wish to thank all participants for their comments and criticisms. I am especially grateful to Bruno Di Biase, Satomi Kawaguchi, Y.-C. Li, Manfred Pienemann, William O’Grady, Karl Rensch, Gi-Hyun Shin, and Virginia Yelei Wake for their comments and assistance on various aspects of the article and at various stages of the revision. My gratitude also goes to the three anonymous reviewers for Language Learning and to the journal's editor, Kathleen Bardovi-Harlig. Their critiques and suggestions guided me through the revision process. Any errors and problems that remain are entirely mine.
- Issue published online: 6 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 6 AUG 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!