The author wishes to acknowledge the MacArthur Foundation and the Woodrow Wilson Foundation for generously supporting the data collection included in this analysis. The study also benefited from the invaluable comments of Alec Stone Sweet and many scholars at the European University Institute, Fiesole, Italy, where I conducted the research. I would also like to thank the special issue editor, Kim Lane Scheppele, and two reviewers for insightful comments on both the empirical analysis and the pregnancy case law. An earlier version of the pregnancy and maternity case law analysis appears in Cichowski (2001).
Women's Rights, the European Court, and Supranational Constitutionalism
Version of Record online: 10 AUG 2004
Law & Society Review
Volume 38, Issue 3, pages 489–512, September 2004
How to Cite
Cichowski, R. A. (2004), Women's Rights, the European Court, and Supranational Constitutionalism. Law & Society Review, 38: 489–512. doi: 10.1111/j.0023-9216.2004.00055.x
- Issue online: 10 AUG 2004
- Version of Record online: 10 AUG 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!