*I want to thank Kat Kleman Davis, Matt Hannah, Truman Hartshorn, and the four anonymous reviewers for the helpful comments on earlier drafts of this paper. I also would like to thank Lorraine Dowler, Lakshman Yapa, James McCarthy, and Roger Downs for their help throughout the research process.
“Is It Really Safe? That's What We Want to Know”: Science, Stories, and Dangerous Places*
Article first published online: 9 MAY 2005
The Professional Geographer
Volume 57, Issue 2, pages 213–221, May 2005
How to Cite
Davis, J. S. (2005), “Is It Really Safe? That's What We Want to Know”: Science, Stories, and Dangerous Places. The Professional Geographer, 57: 213–221. doi: 10.1111/j.0033-0124.2005.00473.x
- Issue published online: 9 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 9 MAY 2005
- Initial submission, April 2004; revised submission, October 2004; final acceptance, October 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!