*Direct correspondence to Timothy M. Smeeding, Center for Policy Research, Syracuse University, 426 Eggers Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244-1020 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. The author thanks Gary Burtless, Suzanne Mettler, and Al Roberts for helpful comments; Gary Burtless, Kim Desmond, Kati Foley, and Mary Santy for assistance in preparing this article; and the Ford Foundation and Russell Sage for their support of the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS) 〈http://www.lisproject.org/〉 and this work. The author accepts full responsibility for all errors of commission and omission and agrees to share all data and coding with interested parties.
Public Policy, Economic Inequality, and Poverty: The United States in Comparative Perspective*
Article first published online: 11 NOV 2005
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 86, Issue Supplement s1, pages 955–983, December 2005
How to Cite
Smeeding, T. M. (2005), Public Policy, Economic Inequality, and Poverty: The United States in Comparative Perspective. Social Science Quarterly, 86: 955–983. doi: 10.1111/j.0038-4941.2005.00331.x
- Issue published online: 11 NOV 2005
- Article first published online: 11 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!