This research was supported by NSF 97-09-873, 00-99195, NSF SES-0241858, NIH R01-HD043411, and the American Bar Foundation. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the ISI meeting in Seoul, Korea, in August 2001. I am grateful to Jaap Abbring and Edward Vytlacil for very helpful discussions about the topics of this paper over the past five years. Yu Xie and especially T. N. Srinivasan made helpful comments on this version. Some of the material in this paper also appears in Heckman and Vytlacil (2006a,b).
The Scientific Model of Causality
Article first published online: 5 JUN 2006
Volume 35, Issue 1, pages 1–97, August 2005
How to Cite
Heckman, J. J. (2005), The Scientific Model of Causality. Sociological Methodology, 35: 1–97. doi: 10.1111/j.0081-1750.2006.00164.x
- Issue published online: 5 JUN 2006
- Article first published online: 5 JUN 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!