For their financial support of the “Attack on America, Civil Liberties Trade-offs, and Ethnic Tolerance” survey, we are grateful to the National Science Foundation (SES-0140541) and the College of Social Science at Michigan State University. For their professional work in administering the survey, we thank Karen Clark and Larry Hembroff of the Institute for Public Policy and Social Research at Michigan State University. We appreciate the continuing advice of Jim Gibson and Paul Sniderman on the project, as well as helpful comments on an earlier draft of the article by Saundra Schneider.
Civil Liberties vs. Security: Public Opinion in the Context of the Terrorist Attacks on America
Article first published online: 12 DEC 2003
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 28–46, January 2004
How to Cite
Davis, D. W. and Silver, B. D. (2004), Civil Liberties vs. Security: Public Opinion in the Context of the Terrorist Attacks on America. American Journal of Political Science, 48: 28–46. doi: 10.1111/j.0092-5853.2004.00054.x
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 12 DEC 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!