For comments on previous versions of this article, we thank David Brady, Barbara Burrell, Kathy Dolan, Mo Fiorina, Amy Gangl, Kent Jennings, Jane Mansbridge, Terry Moe, Kira Sanbonmatsu, Walt Stone, and Sean Theriault. We are grateful to the Carrie Chapman Catt Center, the Center for American Women and Politics, the Stanford Institute for the Quantitative Study of Society, California State University, Fullerton, Union College, and Stanford University for providing the funding to carry out the survey on which our results are based.
Entering the Arena? Gender and the Decision to Run for Office
Article first published online: 3 MAR 2004
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 48, Issue 2, pages 264–280, April 2004
How to Cite
Fox, R. L. and Lawless, J. L. (2004), Entering the Arena? Gender and the Decision to Run for Office. American Journal of Political Science, 48: 264–280. doi: 10.1111/j.0092-5853.2004.00069.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2004
- Article first published online: 3 MAR 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!