Previous versions of this article were presented at the 2002 American Political Science Association Meeting and the 2003 Midwest Political Science Association Meeting. The authors gratefully acknowledge the following individuals who shared comments and/or data: Scott Adler, Sarah Binder, Dan Carpenter, Joe Cooper, David Epstein, Gerald Gamm, Alan Gerber, Tim Groseclose, John Ferejohn, Jennifer Hill, Lewis Kornhauser, Keith Krehbiel, Forrest Maltzman, David Mayhew, Nolan McCarty, Monika Nalepa, Sharyn O'Halloran, Eric Petersen, Keith Poole, Elizabeth Rybicki, Steve Smith, Jim Snyder, Charles Stewart, Barry Weingast, and participants in seminars at Columbia, Harvard, Princeton, NYU, Stanford, UCLA, and UCSD. We are also grateful to Mike Murakami, Kathryn Pearson, and John Sides for valuable research assistance. G.J.Wawro acknowledges the generous support of a John M. Olin Faculty Fellowship awarded by the National Association of Scholars.
Where's the Pivot? Obstruction and Lawmaking in the Pre-cloture Senate
Article first published online: 7 SEP 2004
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 48, Issue 4, pages 758–774, October 2004
How to Cite
Wawro, G. J. and Schickler, E. (2004), Where's the Pivot? Obstruction and Lawmaking in the Pre-cloture Senate. American Journal of Political Science, 48: 758–774. doi: 10.1111/j.0092-5853.2004.00100.x
- Issue published online: 7 SEP 2004
- Article first published online: 7 SEP 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!