I thank Neil Beck, Ian Bellany, Kristian Gleditsch, John Freeman, Curt Signorino, Randy Stone, Robert Walker, and Christopher Zorn for valuable comments on previous drafts. I am grateful to Dan Reiter, Allan Stam, Paul Huth, and Jacob Berkovitch for sending me their data. I have also benefitted from the comments of the participants of the 2003 Geography, Conflict, and Cooperation Workshop of the European Consortium for Political Research, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. Previous versions of this article were presented at the 2003 annual meetings of the American Political Science Association, Midwest Political Science Association, and the Peace Science Society.
How Initiators End Their Wars: The Duration of Warfare and the Terms of Peace
Article first published online: 7 SEP 2004
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 48, Issue 4, pages 813–829, October 2004
How to Cite
Slantchev, B. L. (2004), How Initiators End Their Wars: The Duration of Warfare and the Terms of Peace. American Journal of Political Science, 48: 813–829. doi: 10.1111/j.0092-5853.2004.00103.x
- Issue published online: 7 SEP 2004
- Article first published online: 7 SEP 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!