Previous versions of this article were presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Political Science Association and the Midwest Political Science Association where it won the 2002 Patrick J. Fett Award for the Best Paper on the Scientific Study of Congress and the Presidency. We thank Stephen Ansolabehere and Byron Schaeffer for helpful comments at these meetings and Amy Gangl for helping develop the theory of mandates tested here. Address all correspondence to David Peterson.
Comparing Competing Theories on the Causes of Mandate Perceptions
Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2005
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 49, Issue 2, pages 406–419, April 2005
How to Cite
Grossback, L. J., Peterson, D. A.M. and Stimson, J. A. (2005), Comparing Competing Theories on the Causes of Mandate Perceptions. American Journal of Political Science, 49: 406–419. doi: 10.1111/j.0092-5853.2005.00131.x
- Issue online: 1 MAR 2005
- Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!