The author is from CETE-Centro de Estudos de Economia Industrial, do Trabalho e da Empresa, Faculdade de Economia, Universidade do Porto, Portugal. This paper is based on part of his PhD dissertation at Lancaster University, UK. He is particularly grateful to his supervisors, Ken Peasnell and Peter Pope, and also to Sudi Sudarsanam, Steve Young, Sanjay Unni, Massoud Mussavian, Robin Limmack, Abe de Jong, participants at the 1998 EFA-European Finance Association Meeting, the 1998 BAA-ICAEW Doctoral Colloquium, the Accounting and Finance Seminar Series at Lancaster University, the 2002 PFN-Portuguese Finance Network Meeting, the 2002 EFMA-European Financial Management Association Conference, and the 2002 1st International Conference on Corporate Governance at the University of Birmingham, for all the helpful comments received. He is thankful to I/B/E/S International Inc. for allowing the usage of the I/B/E/S database and also gratefully acknowledges the generous financial support received from Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia/Praxis XXI Programme and from Faculdade de Economia, Universidade do Porto. (Paper received August 2002, revised and accepted September 2002)
Dividend Policy, Corporate Governance and the Managerial Entrenchment Hypothesis: An Empirical Analysis
Article first published online: 15 DEC 2003
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 30, Issue 9-10, pages 1173–1209, December 2003
How to Cite
Farinha, J. (2003), Dividend Policy, Corporate Governance and the Managerial Entrenchment Hypothesis: An Empirical Analysis. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 30: 1173–1209. doi: 10.1111/j.0306-686X.2003.05624.x
- Issue published online: 15 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 15 DEC 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!