The authors are respectively, Assistant Professor of Accounting, Stern School of Business, New York University; and Associate Professor of Accounting, Ivey School of Business, The University of Western Ontario. They would like to thank Sudipta Basu, Steve Ryan, workshop participants at Baruch College, New York University, Temple University, and the University of Minnesota and an anonymous referee for helpful comments and suggestions. (Paper received June 2002, revised and accepted November 2002)
The Effect of Earnings Management on the Value Relevance of Accounting Information
Article first published online: 28 MAY 2004
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 31, Issue 3-4, pages 297–332, April 2004
How to Cite
Marquardt, C. A. and Wiedman, C. I. (2004), The Effect of Earnings Management on the Value Relevance of Accounting Information. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 31: 297–332. doi: 10.1111/j.0306-686X.2004.00541.x
- Issue published online: 28 MAY 2004
- Article first published online: 28 MAY 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!