The authors are respectively from Brigham Young University, the University of Georgia and the University of Rhode Island. They appreciate helpful comments from Nick Fessler, Julia Grant, Ajai Singh and participants at the Case Western Reserve University workshop and the 2000 Midwest Regional AAA meetings. They are grateful to I/B/E/S International Inc. for providing earnings forecast data, available through the Institutional Brokers Estimate System. These data have been provided as a part of their broad academic program to encourage earnings expectation research. They thank Enya He and Andre Liebenberg for generously providing research assistance.
The Relation Between Investor Uncertainty and Market Reactions to Earnings Announcements: Evidence from the Property-Casualty Insurance Industry in the USA
Article first published online: 7 FEB 2005
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 32, Issue 1-2, pages 1–29, January 2005
How to Cite
Christensen, T. E., Gaver, J. J. and Stuerke, P. S. (2005), The Relation Between Investor Uncertainty and Market Reactions to Earnings Announcements: Evidence from the Property-Casualty Insurance Industry in the USA. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 32: 1–29. doi: 10.1111/j.0306-686X.2005.00586.x
- Issue published online: 7 FEB 2005
- Article first published online: 7 FEB 2005
- (Paper received June 2003, revised and accepted February 2004)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!