The authors would like to thank the financial analysts at Fitch Ratings, Ltd. for providing information on their rating methodology, and Bankscope for providing detailed bank reports. The authors also thank Benton Gup, Junsoo Lee, Patrick Van Roy, Peter Pope (the editor), and the anonymous referee for constructive comments and suggestions. The authors gratefully acknowledge a research grant from the Research and Postgraduate Studies Committee of Lingnan University, Hong Kong. Any errors are the authors’ own.
Are Unsolicited Credit Ratings Lower? International Evidence From Bank Ratings
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2005
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 32, Issue 9-10, pages 1741–1771, November 2005
How to Cite
Poon, W. P. H. and Firth, M. (2005), Are Unsolicited Credit Ratings Lower? International Evidence From Bank Ratings. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 32: 1741–1771. doi: 10.1111/j.0306-686X.2005.00646.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2005
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2005
- (Paper received August 2004, revised and accepted April 2005)
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!