The authors are respectively from McMaster University, University of Houston and Otterbein College. They thank Mary Geddie, Robert Mathieu and seminar participants at University of Houston for their valuable comments. They gratefully acknowledge the contribution of Thompson Financial for providing forecast data, available through the Institutional Brokers Estimate System (I/B/E/S). These data have been provided as part of a broad academic program to encourage earnings expectations research. Kanagaretnam and Lobo thank the Canadian Academic Accounting Association/CGA Canada and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) for their financial support.
Relationship Between Analyst Forecast Properties and Equity Bid-Ask Spreads and Depths Around Quarterly Earnings Announcements
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2005
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 32, Issue 9-10, pages 1773–1799, November 2005
How to Cite
Kanagaretnam, K., Lobo, G. J. and Whalen, D. J. (2005), Relationship Between Analyst Forecast Properties and Equity Bid-Ask Spreads and Depths Around Quarterly Earnings Announcements. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 32: 1773–1799. doi: 10.1111/j.0306-686X.2005.00647.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2005
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2005
- (Paper received August 2004, revised and accepted January 2005)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!