Marc Keirse is Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Flinders University and Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.
Progesterone and Preterm: Seventy Years of“Déjà Vu” or “Still To Be Seen”?
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2004
Volume 31, Issue 3, pages 230–235, September 2004
How to Cite
Keirse, M. J.N.C. (2004), Progesterone and Preterm: Seventy Years of“Déjà Vu” or “Still To Be Seen”?. Birth, 31: 230–235. doi: 10.1111/j.0730-7659.2004.00315.x
In the Literature COMMENTARY ON: da Fonseca EB, Bittar RE, Carvalho MH, Zugaib M. Prophylactic administration of progesterone by vaginal suppository to reduce the incidence of spontaneous preterm birth in women at increased risk: A randomized placebo-controlled double-blind study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003;188:419–424. Meis PJ, Klebanoff M, Thom E, Dombrowski MP, Sibai B, Moawad AH, Spong CY, Hauth JC, Miodovnik M, Varner MW, Leveno KJ, Caritis SN, Iams JD, Wapner RJ, Conway D, O’Sullivan MJ, Carpenter M, Mercer B, Ramin SM, Thorp JM, Peaceman AM, Gabbe S, for the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network. Prevention of recurrent preterm delivery by 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate. N Engl J Med 2003;348:2379–2385.
- Issue published online: 27 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!