Article first published online: 25 AUG 2005
Volume 32, Issue 3, page 242, September 2005
How to Cite
(2005), CALENDAR. Birth, 32: 242. doi: 10.1111/j.0730-7659.2005.00380.x
- Issue published online: 25 AUG 2005
- Article first published online: 25 AUG 2005
Calendar events are listed free of charge if submitted 4 months before journal publication. Send name of event, sponsor, date, place, contact person, and telephone/fax number to Diony Young, Editor. Submit detailed or late listings as Classified Advertising to Tom Palmisano, Advertising Representative.
- • Sept 8–11, National Association of Childbearing Centers (NACC) 21st Annual Meeting, Hyatt Vineyard Creek, Santa Rosa, California. Contact NACC, phone: (215) 234-8068; http://www.BirthCenter.org.
- • Sept 22–29, Lamaze International, “Taking a Stand for Normal Birth,” Hilton Austin, Austin, Texas, USA. Contact phone (202) 367–1173; http://www.lamaze.org.
- • Sept 29–Oct 2. International Childbirth Education Association, 2005 International Convention, Kansas City Marriott Downtown Hotel, Kansas City, Missouri, USA. Contact ICEA, phone (952) 854–8772; http://www.icea.org.
- • Oct 8–9, 2005 Breech Birth Conference, “International Perspectives on Vaginal Birth—A Safe Option for Breech-Presenting Babies?” Sponsored by BC Women's Hospital, Vancouver, B.C., Canada. To submit abstracts and for information, contact Jane Wines at e-mail: email@example.com, or 5712 16a Ave., Tsawwassen, British Columbia V4I 1H9 Canada.
- • Oct 20–24, 10th Annual International Meeting of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine (ABM), “Taking Breastfeeding to New Heights,” Denver, Colorado. Contact phone: (877) 836-9947; http://www.bfmed.org.
- • Dec 9, Maternal, Infant & Reproductive Health Research Unit (MIRU), Annual Pregnancy and Birth Conference, Centre for Research in Women's Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Contact MIRU, Phone (416) 323–6501 mailbox # 3781; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or http://www.utoronto.ca/miru.
- • Training Seminars, Passion for Birth Childbirth Educator Training seminars accredited by Lamaze International. Various dates and locations. Contact phone (toll-free): 1-866-P4BIRTH; http://www.passionforbirth.com.
- • Repeated Workshop, DONA-Approved Basic and Advanced Birth Doula Training Workshops, sponsored by Great Expectations Perinatal Services, Cleveland, Ohio. Various dates. Contact Sunday Tortelli, phone (440) 572-2574; e-mail: SunTdoula@aol.com
- • Repeated Certification Program, UCLA Extension Lactation Educator and Lactation Consultant Training Programs. Various dates and locations. Contact UCLA Extension Health Sciences, phone (310) 825-8423; http://www.uclaextension.org/healthsci.
- • Repeated Workshops, The Center for Breastfeeding, Lactation Counselor Certificate Training Program (CLC). Various dates and locations. Contact The Center for Breastfeeding, 327 Quaker Meeting House Rd., E. Sandwich, MA 02537; phone (508) 888-8044; http://www.healthychildren.cc.
- • Repeated Workshops, Center for Lactation Education. Contact BSC, 228 Park Lane, Chalfont, PA 18914; phone (215) 822-1281; fax (215) 997-7879; e-mail: email@example.com.
- • Repeated Workshops, Childbirth Educator Workshop, International Childbirth Education Association. Various dates and locations. Contact ICEA CEW Registration, PO Box 20048, Minneapolis, MN 55420; fax (612) 854-8772.
- • Repeated Workshops, How to Start a Birth Center, National Associations of Childbearing Centers. Various dates and locations. Contact NACC, 3123 Gottschall Rd., Perkiomenville, PA 18074-9604; phone (215) 234-8068; fax (215) 234-8829; http://www.birthcenters.org.
- • Repeated Workshops, Childbirth Education Association of Seattle, Basic and Advanced Teacher Education Workshops for Childbirth Educators. Contact Cheri McMeins or Barbara Orcutt; phone (206) 789-0883; fax (206) 789-2712.
- • Ongoing Enrollment, Women's Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner, Midwifery and Basic Colposcopy Education Programs. Education Programs Associates, Inc.; phone (408) 374-3720 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • Repeated Training Programs, Lactation consultant training, Lactation Education Resources, Fairfax, Virginia. Various dates and places. Contact Vergie Hughes, phone (703) 691-2069; fax (703) 691-3983; e-mail: email@example.com.
- • Certification Program in Childbirth Education, Prepared Childbirth Educators, Inc. Various dates and locations. Contact PCE at (888) 344,9972; fax (215) 442,9975; http://www.childbirtheducation.org.
- • Breastfeeding Counselor Certification for Nurses, Prepared Childbirth Educators, Inc. Various dates and locations. Contact PCE at (888) 344,9972; fax (215) 442,9975; http://www.childbirtheducation.org.
- • Prenatal/postnatal Fitness Instructor Certification, Prepared Childbirth Educators, Inc. Various dates and locations. Contact PCE at (888) 344,9972; fax (215) 442,9975; http://www.childbirtheducation.org.
- • Labor Support Specialist Certification for Nurses, Prepared Childbirth Educators, Inc. Various dates and locations. Contact PCE at (888) 344,9972; fax (215) 442,9975; http://www.childbirtheducation.org.