This article is based on Chapter 2 of my Ph.D. dissertation (Mukherjee, 2005b) at Northwestern University. I would like to thank Michael Whinston for his invaluable guidance and support throughout this project. I am also indebted to Scott Schaefer for his extremely helpful suggestions. For their helpful comments, I would also like to thank the editor, Mark Armstrong, two anonymous referees, Ales Filipi, Jonathan Levin, Dale Mortensen, Alessandro Pavan, Marcin Peski, Lois Spreen, and seminar participants at Pennsylvania State University and 2006 North American summer meetings of the Econometric Society, Minneapolis. Financial support from the Center for the Study of Industrial Organization, Northwestern University, and Bates White Research Enhancement Grant are gratefully acknowledged. All the errors that remain are mine.
Sustaining implicit contracts when agents have career concerns: the role of information disclosure
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2008, RAND
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 39, Issue 2, pages 469–490, Summer 2008
How to Cite
Mukherjee, A. (2008), Sustaining implicit contracts when agents have career concerns: the role of information disclosure. The RAND Journal of Economics, 39: 469–490. doi: 10.1111/j.0741-6261.2008.00023.x
- Issue online: 16 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!