We gratefully acknowledge valuable comments from Phil Haile (editor), Randy Bluffstone, David Dranove, Fabian Lange, Nivedita Mukherjee, Fiona Scott Morton, anonymous reviewers, and from seminar participants at the Oregon Health Research and Evaluation Collaborative, the Yale University Applied Microeconomics Workshop, the Econometric Society's 2007 North American Winter Meeting (Chicago), the Economics Department at Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis, the Indianapolis VA Medical Center, and the Providence Health System, Portland, OR.
Short-term fluctuations in hospital demand: implications for admission, discharge, and discriminatory behavior
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2008, RAND
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 39, Issue 2, pages 586–606, Summer 2008
How to Cite
Sharma, R., Stano, M. and Gehring, R. (2008), Short-term fluctuations in hospital demand: implications for admission, discharge, and discriminatory behavior. The RAND Journal of Economics, 39: 586–606. doi: 10.1111/j.0741-6261.2008.00029.x
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!