Why are diversity and endemism Linked on islands?
Version of Record online: 5 JUN 2007
Volume 30, Issue 3, pages 331–333, June 2007
How to Cite
Witt, C. C. and Maliakal-Witt, S. (2007), Why are diversity and endemism Linked on islands?. Ecography, 30: 331–333. doi: 10.1111/j.0906-7590.2007.04837.x
- Issue online: 5 JUN 2007
- Version of Record online: 5 JUN 2007
- Manuscript Accepted 19 February 2007
- 2005. Is speciation driven by species diversity?. Nature 438: E1–E2. et al.
- 2003. Host defense reinforces host-parasite cospeciation. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 100: 15694–15699. et al.
- 1974. Colonization of exploded volcanic islands by birds: the supertramp strategy. Science 184: 803–806. .
- 2005a. Species diversity can drive speciation. Nature 434: 1015–1017. and .
- 2005b. Ecology – is speciation driven by species diversity? Reply. Nature 438: E2. and .
- 2005. Seeds of diversity. Science 308: 1752–1753. .
- 1992. Evolution and coevolution of plants and phytophagous arthropods. – In: Rosenthal, G. A. and Berenbaum, M. R. (eds), Herbivores, their interactions with secondary plant metabolites. Vol. 2, 2nd ed. Academic Press, pp. 440–476. and .
- 2004. Community assembly through adaptive radiation in Hawaiian spiders. Science 303: 356–359. .
- 2006. Diversity begets diversity: host expansions and the diversification of plant-feeding insects. BMC Evol. Biol. 6: 4. et al.
- 2004. The coincidence of rarity and richness and the potential signature of history in centres of endemism.. Ecol. Lett. 7: 1180–1191. et al.
- 2003. The area-independent effects of habitat complexity on biodiversity vary between regions.. Ecol. Lett. 6: 126–132. et al.
- 2003. Propagule dispersal in marine and terrestrial environments: a community perspective. Evolution 84: 2007–2020. and .
- 1967. The theory of island biogeography. Princeton Univ. Press. and .
- 2004. Evidence for ecology's role in speciation. Nature 429: 294–298. et al.
- 2002. Bishop museum – Hawaiian arthropod checklist <http://www2.bishopmuseum.org/HBS/checklist/query.asp?grp=Arthropod>. .
- 2000. The ecology of adaptive radiation. Oxford Univ. Press. .
- 1974. Equilibrium theory of island biogeography and ecology.. Annu. Rev. Ecol. Syst. 5: 161–182. .