Article first published online: 23 JUN 2006
Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication
Volume 2, Issue 4, page 0, March 1997
How to Cite
Rafaeli, S. and Sudweeks, F. (1997), Networked Interactivity. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 2: 0. doi: 10.1111/j.1083-6101.1997.tb00201.x
- Issue published online: 23 JUN 2006
- Article first published online: 23 JUN 2006
- 1996. Collaborative Communication among Researchers using Computer-Mediated Communication: A Study of ProjectH. Masters Thesis, Department of Communication, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque , NM , available at http://www.arch.usyd.edu.au/~fay/netplay/marcel/index.html.
- 1987. Personalization of mass media and the growth of pseudo community. Communication Research, 14: 352–371.
- 1990. On-line computer messaging: Surrogates for non-verbal behavior. Paper presented at the 1990 annual conference of ICA, Dublin , Ireland . , and
- 1983. Media for Interactive Communication. Beverly Hills , CA : Sage. &
- 1983. Discourse Analysis. Cambridge , UK : Cambridge University Press. and
- 1980. Paralanguage in computer mediated communication. Proceedings of the 18th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Philadelphia.
- 1987. Information technologies. In Handbook of Organizational Communication: An Interdisciplinary Perspective. eds F. M.Jablin, L. L.Putnam, K. H.Roberts, and L. W.Porter, 420–443. Newbury Park : Sage. and
- 1985. Crisis effects on intraorganizational computer-based communication, Communication Research, 12(2): 251–270. and
- 1993. Computer brainstorms: More heads are better than one. Journal of Applied Psychology, 78(4): 531–537. and
- 1976. Interpersonal communication in developing acquintance. In Explorations in Interpersonal Communication. ed. G. R.Miller. Beverly Hills , CA : Sage.
- 1990. Electronic groups at work, Organization Science, 1(1): 41–64. , and
- 1993. Social construction of communication technology. The Academy of Management Journal, 36(5): 921–950.
- 1967. Interaction Ritual. Chicago , IL : Aldine Publishing Co.
- 1981. Forms of Talk. Philadelphia , PA : University of Pennsylvania Press.
- 1989. Retirees using email and networked computers, International Journal of Technology and Aging, 2(2): 113–123. and
- 1989. Creating social reality with computer-mediated communication. PhD Dissertation, University of Massachusetts.
- 1986. Experiments in group decision making: Communication process and outcome in face-to-face versus computerized conferences. Human Communication Research, 13: 225–252. , and
- 1989. Experiments in group decision making, 3: Disinhibition, deindividuation, and group process in pen name and real name computer conferences, Decision Support Systems, 5: 217–32. and
- 1987. Group and computer-mediated discussion effects in risk decision making, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 52(5): 917–30. , and
- 1984. Conversation: How Talk is Organized. Sage Series in Interpersonal Communication, Vol. 3. Sage, Beverly Hills , CA .
- 1989. Impact of computer-mediated communication on self awareness, Computers in Human Behavior, 4: 221–233. and
- 1990. Computer-mediated communications: The focus is on me, Social Science Computer Review, 8(1): 1–12. and
- 1953. Applied Imagination. New York : Scribner.
- 1994. Interpersonal communication and virtual reality: Mediating interpersonal relationships. In Communication in the Age of Virtual Reality, eds. F.Biocca and S.Levy. Hillsdale , NJ : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- 1986. The electronic bulletin board: A computer driven mass medium, Computers and the Social Sciences, 2(3): 123–136.
- 1988. Interactivity: From new media to communication, In Sage Annual Review of Communication Research: Advancing Communication Science, Vol. 16, eds R. P.Hawkins, J. M.Wiemann and S.Pingree, 110–134. Beverly Hills , CA : Sage.
- 1993. Electronic Bulletin Boards and “Public Goods” Explanations of collaborative mass media, Communication Research, 20(2): 177–197. and
- 1994. ProjectH Technical Report, available at http://www.arch.usyd.edu.au/~fay/netplay/techreport.html or via ftp from ftp.arch.su.edu.au/pub/projectH/papers/techreport.txt. , , , and
- Rice, R. E. and Associates, eds. 1984. The New Media: Communication, Research, and Technology, 129–156. Beverly Hills , CA : Sage.
- 1987. Electronic emotion: Socioemotional content in a computer-mediated network. Communication Research, 14: 85–108. and
- 1991. Electropolis: Communication and community on Internet Relay Chat, Honors Thesis, University of Melbourne, Melbourne .
- 1986. Communication Technology: The New Media in Society, New York : The Free Press.
- 1987. Between macro and micro: Contexts and other connections, In The Micro-Macro Link, eds. J. C.Alexander, B.Giesan, R.Much and N. J.Smalser, 207–234. Berkeley , CA : University of California Press.
- 1992. Repair after next turn: The last structurally provided defense of intersubjectivity in conversation, American Journal of Sociology, 97(5): 1245–1295.
- 1991. Organizational colleagues, information richness, and electronic mail: A test of the social influence model of technology use. Communication Research, 18: 487–523. and
- 1978. The ideal of conversation in the study of mass media. Communication Research, 5(3): 320–329.
- 1990. Organizational involvement expressed through pronoun use in computer mediated communication, Communication Research Reports, 7(1): 45–50.
- 1976. The Social Psychology of Telecommunications. London : Wiley. , , and
- 1986. Group processes in computer-mediated communication, Organizational Behaviour and Human Decision Processes, 37(2): 57–187. , and
- 1991. Connections: New Ways of Working in the Networked Organization, Cambridge , MA : MIT Press. and
- 1986. Computer mediated communication in an organizational setting: Explaining task related and socioemotional uses. In Communication Yearbook 9, ed. M. L.McLaughlin, 777–804. Newbury Park , CA : Sage.
- 1987. Computer mediated communication systems. In Annual Review of Information Science and Technology, 21, ed. M. E.Williams, 167–202.
- 1996. How do you get a hundred strangers to agree: Computer mediated communication and collaboration. In Computer Networking and Scholarship in the 21st Century, eds. T. M.Harrison and T. D.Stephens, 115–136. New York : SUNY Press. and
- 1989. Talking Voices: Repetition, Dialogue, and Imagery in Conversational Discourse, Cambridge , UK : Cambridge University Press.
- 1990. Understanding manager's media choices: A symbolic interactionist perspective. In Organizations and Communication Technology, eds. J.Fulk and C.Steinfield, 71–94. Newbury Park , CA : Sage. , , and
- 1993. Communication concurrency and the new media. Communication Research, 20(2): 249–276. , , , and
- 1992. Interpersonal effects in computer-mediated interaction: A relational perspective. Communication Research, 19(1): 52–89.
- 1967. Pragmatics of Human Communication: A Study of Interactional Patterns, Pathologies and Paradoxes. NY : Norton. , &
- 1993. Interactivity and communication mode choice in ongoing management groups, Information Systems Research, 4: 3.