Clustering on the Net: Applying an autoassociative neural network to computer-mediated discussions
Article first published online: 23 JUN 2006
Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication
Volume 2, Issue 4, page 0, March 1997
How to Cite
Berthold, M. R., Sudweeks, F., Newton, S. and Coyne, R. D. (1997), Clustering on the Net: Applying an autoassociative neural network to computer-mediated discussions. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 2: 0. doi: 10.1111/j.1083-6101.1997.tb00202.x
- Issue published online: 23 JUN 2006
- Article first published online: 23 JUN 2006
- 1996. Collaborative Communication among Researchers using Computer-Mediated Communication: A Study of ProjectH. Masters Thesis, Department of Communication, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque , NM , available at http://www.arch.usyd.edu.au/~fay/netplay/marcel/index.html.
- 1997. “It Makes Sense”: Using an autoassociative neural network to explore typicality in computer-mediated discussions. In Network and Netplay: Virtual Groups on the Internet eds Sudweeks, F., McLaughlin, M. and Rafaeli, S. (to appear). Menlo Park , CA : AAAI/MIT Press. , , and
- 1975. A spreading-activation theory of semantic processing. Psychological Review, 82: 407–28. and
- 1992. Computer assitance in designing from precedent, Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, 19: 143–171. and
- 1993. Modelling the emergence of schemas in design reasoning. In Modeling Creativity and Knowledge-Based Creative Design. eds J. S.Gero and M. L.Maher, 177–209. Hillsdale , New Jersey : Lawrence Erlbaum. , and
- 1973. On the psychology of prediction. Psychological Review. 80: 237–51. and
- 1989. Fast learning in networks of locally-tuned processing units. Neural Computation. 1: 281–294. and
- 1992. On the relevance and treatment of categories in AI in design. In Artificial Intelligence in Design '92, ed. J. S.Gero, 861–882. Dordrecht : Kluwer.
- 1983. Word Meaning and Belief. London : Croom Held.
- 1986. The electronic bulletin board: A computer driven mass medium. Computers and the Social Sciences, 2(3): 123–136.
- 1988. Interactivity: From new media to communication. In Sage Annual Review of Communication Research: Advancing Communication Science, Vol. 16. eds R. P.Hawkins, J. M.Wiemann and S.Pingree, 110–134. Beverly Hills , CA : Sage.
- 1997. Interactivity on the net. In Network and Netplay: Virtual Groups on the Internet, eds F.Sudweeks, M.McLaughlin and S.Rafaeli. Menlo Park , CA : AAAI/MIT Press. and
- 1994. ProjectH overview: A quantitative study of computer mediated communication, available from http://www.arch.usyd.edu.au/~fay/netplay/techreport.html or ftp.arch.su.edu.au/pub/projectH/techreport.txt. , , and
- 1985. Computers and communication. In Information and Behavior, Vol. 1, ed. B. D.Ruben, 135–155. New Brunswick , NJ : Transaction Books. and
- 1978. Principles of categorization. In Cognition and Categorization. eds E.Rosch and B. B.Lloyd, 27–48. Hillsdale , NJ : Lawrence Erlbaum.
- 1995. Categorisation and prototypes in design. In Perspectives on Cognitive Science: Theories, Experiments and Foundations, eds. P.Slezak, T.Caelli and R.Clarke, 189–212. Norwood , NJ : Albex. and
- Rumelhart, D. E. and McClelland, J. L. eds 1987. Parallel Distributed Processing: Exploration in the Microstructure of Cognition, Vol. 1, Foundations. Cambridge , Massachusetts : MIT Press.
- 1981. Categories and Concepts. Cambridge , Massachusetts : Harvard University Press. and
- 1996. How do you get a hundred strangers to agree: Computer mediated communication and collaboration. In Computer Networking and Scholarship in the 21st Century University, eds. T. M.Harrison and T. D.Stephen, 115–136. New York : SUNY Press. and
- 1977. Features of similarity, Psychological Review, 84: 327–52.