“other people benefit. i benefit from their work.” Sharing Guitar Tabs Online
Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2006
Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication
Volume 10, Issue 1, page 00, November 2004
How to Cite
Chesney, T. (2004), “other people benefit. i benefit from their work.” Sharing Guitar Tabs Online. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 10: 00. doi: 10.1111/j.1083-6101.2004.tb00230.x
- Issue online: 23 JUN 2006
- Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2006
- 2001). The power of gifts: Organising social relationships in open source communities. Information Systems Journal 2001, 11 (4) 305–320. , & (
- 1999). Open source software development as a special type of academic research. First Monday, 4 (10). Retrieved 23 May 2002 from http://firstmonday.org/issues/issue4_10/bezroukov/index.html. (
- 2002). Breaking the myths of rewards: an exploratory study of attitudes about knowledge sharing. Information Resources Management Journal, 15 (2), 14–21. , & (
- 1998). Knowledge assets securing competitive in the information economy. Oxford : Oxford University Press. (
- 1994). What's mine is ours, or is it Information Systems Research, 5, 400–422. , , & (
- 1999). The economies of online cooperation. In M.Smith & P.Kollock (Eds.), Communities in cyberspace (pp. 220–242). London : Routledge. (
- 1996). Managing the virtual commons: Cooperation and conflict in computer communities. In S.Herring (Ed.), Computer-mediated communication (pp. 109–128). Amsterdam : John Benjamins. Retrieved 23 May 2002 from http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/soc/faculty/kollock/papers/vcommons.htm. , & (
- 2000). Some simple economics of open source. Retrieved 23 May 2002 from http://www.idei.asso.fr/Commun/Articles/Tirole/simpleeconomics-July24-2001.pdf. , & (
- 1950). The gift. London : Routledge. (
- 2000). ‘It is what one does’: Why people participate and help others in electronic communities of practice. Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 9 (2-3) 155–173. , & (
- OLGA (2004). Retrieved 29 January 2004 from http://www.olga.net/.
- OLGA (2002). Retrieved 29 January 2004 from http://www.olga.net/.
- 1967). The logic of collective action. Cambridge MA : Harvard University Press. (
- 1990). Governing the commons: The evolution of institutions for collective action. New York : Cambridge University Press. (
- 1998). The cathedral and the bazaar. First Monday, 3 (3). Retrieved 01 May 2002 from http://www.firstmonday.org/issues/issue3_3/raymond/index.html. (
- 1994. Virtual community. London : Minerva.
- 1992). Resource mobilization versus the mobilization of people. In A. D.Morris & C.McClurg (Eds.), Frontiers in social movement theory (pp. 205–223). New Haven , CT : Yale University Press. , & (
- Sourceforge.net (2004). Retrieved 28th April 2004 from http://www.sourceforge.net.
- 2002). The communal resource and information systems. The Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 11 (2), 85–107. (
- 2003). Open source software and the ‘private-collective’ innovation model: Issues for organization science. Organization Science 14 (2) March-April. , & (