Hispanics and Patronage Preferences for Shopping From the Internet
Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2006
Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication
Volume 9, Issue 3, page 00, April 2004
How to Cite
Korgaonkar, P., Silverblatt, R. and Becerra, E. (2004), Hispanics and Patronage Preferences for Shopping From the Internet. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 9: 00. doi: 10.1111/j.1083-6101.2004.tb00288.x
- Issue online: 23 JUN 2006
- Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2006
- 1998). Similarities in choice behavior product categories. Marketing Science 17, 91–106. , & (
- 1997). Vectors of change. On-Line, 21(4), 18–33. , & (
- 2001). Competing in the new economy. European Business Journal, 13, 119–126. (
- Assimilation no threat to Hispanic media (1997). Advertising Age (March 31), A2–A4.
- 2000). On risk, convenience, and Internet shopping behavior. Communications of the ACM, 43, 98–105. , , & (
- 2000). Price and brand name as indicators of quality dimensions for consumer durables. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 28, 359–374. , , & (
- 1964). Perceived risk and consumer decision making-the case of telephone shopping. Journal of Marketing Research, 1(November), 32–39. & (
- 1973). Free competition and the optimal amount of fraud. Journal of Law and Economics 16(April), 67–86. & (
- 1999). Shopping motives for mail catalog shopping. Journal of Business Research 45(1999), 281–290. & (
- E-MARKETER. e-stats. Retrieved January 15, 2003 from http://www.e-land.com/e-stat.
- Espanol.com releases survey on U.S. Hispanics online (2000). Direct Marketing, 62(11), 18.
- 1986). Influence of catalog vs. store shopping and prior satisfaction on perceived risk. Academy of Marketing Science 14, 28–36. , , & (
- 2000). The Spanish invasion: An Internet giant lands in the new world. Fortune [online], March 6. Retrieved January 15, 2004 from http://www.fortune.com. (
- 1988). An empirical test of the search, experience and credence attributes framework. In M. J.Houston (Ed.), Advances in Consumer Research 15 (pp. 239–243). Provo , UT : Association for Consumer Research. , , & (
- 1990). Consumer skepticism of advertising claims: Testing hypotheses from economics of information. Journal of Consumer Research, 16(March), 433–441. , , & (
- 1984). Ethnic and acculturation differences in self-disclosure. Journal of Social Psychology, 122, 21–32. , , & (
- 1994). Task characteristics and the experience of optimal flow in human-computer interaction. Journal of Psychology, 128(4), 381–91. , & (
- 2001). Influence of product class on preference for shopping on the Internet. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 8. Retrieved on January 15, 2004 from http//www.ascusc.org/JCMC/vol8/issue1/girard.html. , , & (
- 1998, March 2.). Portal combat comes to the net. Business Week, 73–74, 78. , , & (
- 1999, November 22.). Spanish language portals: The e-ticket. E-Commerce Times, 1–5. (
- GVU's 10th WWW user survey. Retrieved January 15, 2004 from http://www.gvu.gatech.edu/user_surveys/survey-1998-10/.
- 1972). Perceived risk in store selection. Journal of Marketing Research, 9, 453–459. , , & (
- 1998, April 16.). Internet spurs U.S. growth, cuts inflation. Wall Street Journal, B9. (
- 1998). Marketing information on the I-way. Communications of the ACM, 41(3), 35–43. , , & (
- 1998). Evaluating the potential of Interactive media through a new lens: Search versus experience goods. Journal of Business Research, 41, 195–203. (
- 1982). Consumer pReferences for catalog showrooms and discount stores: The moderating role of product risk. Journal of Retailing, 58, 76–88. (
- 1989). The effects of perceived risk and social class on consumer pReferences for distribution outlets. In P.Bloom, R.Winer, H. H.Kassarjian, D. L.Scammon, B.Weitz, R.Spekman, V.Mahajan, and M.Levy (Eds.), American Marketing Association Educators' proceedings: Enhancing knowledge development in marketing, 55 (pp. 39–43). Chicago : AMA. , & (
- 1999). A multivariate analysis of web usage. Journal of Advertising Research, 39, (2), 53–68. , & (
- 2003). Web usage among Hispanics in the south Florida region. Journal of Applied Business Research, 19, (1), 17–28. , , & (
- 2001). The global Internet shopper: Evidence from shopping tasks in twelve countries. Journal of Advertising Research, 41, 15–23. , , & (
- 1991). Research with Hispanic populations. California Newbury Park : SAGE Publications. , & . (
- 2001). Consumer perception of privacy and security risks for online shopping. The Journal of Consumer Affairs, 35(1), 27–44. , & (
- 1970). Information and consumer behavior. Journal of Political Economy, 78, 311–329. (
- 1974). Advertising as information. Journal of Political Economy, 82, 729–754. (
- New study reveals significant increase in Hispanic computer ownership and subscription to Internet services (1988, April 29). The Thomas Rivera Policy Institute.
- 1996). From surfer to buyer on the WWW: What marketing managers might want to know. Journal of General Management, 22(1), 1–13. , , & (
- 1974). Consumer behavior, retailer power and market performance in consumer goods industries. The Review of Economics and Statistics, 56(November), 419–435. (
- 1975). Socioeconomic product risk and patronage pReferences of retail shoppers. Journal of Marketing, 39, 42–47. (
- 1999, November 8). Fernando Espuelas. Adweek, 40, 46–56. (
- 1961). The economics of information. Journal of Political Economy, 69, 213–223. (
- 2002). Consumer response to the Internet: An exploratory tracking study of on-line home users. Journal of Business Research, 55(8), 655–63. (
- 2000). E-satisfacton: An initial examination. Journal of Retailing, 76, 309–322. , & (
- U.S. Census 2000 (2002). U.S. Census Bureau, United States Department of Commerce, Retrieved November 15, 2002 from http://www.census.gov/prod/www/abs/decen.htm.
- U.S. Hispanics are online and spending (2000, November 8). Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies.
- 1999). Consumer acceptance of the Internet as a channel of distribution. Journal of Business Research, 45, 49–56. , & (
- 2000), Print and Internet catalog shopping: Assessing attitudes and intentions. Electronic Networking Applications and Policy, 10, 191–202. , & (
- 1966, November 7). Marketers miss Hispanic opportunities. Miami Herald, C1, C3. (
- 1995). Communication effects of advertising versus direct experience when both search and experience attributes are present. Journal of Consumer Research, 21, 708–718. , & (