Analog vs. Digital Instruction and Learning: Teaching Within First and Second Life Environments
Version of Record online: 16 JUL 2009
© 2009 International Communication Association
Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication
Volume 14, Issue 3, pages 457–483, April 2009
How to Cite
Lester, P. M. and King, C. M. (2009), Analog vs. Digital Instruction and Learning: Teaching Within First and Second Life Environments. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 14: 457–483. doi: 10.1111/j.1083-6101.2009.01449.x
- Issue online: 16 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 16 JUL 2009
- 1999). Educational applications of CMCS: Solving case studies through asynchronous learning networks. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, [online,] Vol. 4(3). Retrieved March 18, 2008 from http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol4/issue3/benbunan-fich.html. , & (
- 2006). The effects of traditional vs. web-assisted instruction on student learning and satisfaction. Columbia, MO: University of Missouri Graduate School. , , , & (
- Blackboard Inc. 2008 Retrieved March 18, (2008). from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackboard_(e-learning_platform).
- 2001). Audiences and outcomes in online and traditional American government classes: A comparative two-year study. PSOnline, 135–141. , & (
- 2005). A quasi- experimental study of three online learning courses in computing. Vol. 49(2) Computers & Education, 345–359. , , , & (October (
- 2005). Creating a hybrid college course: Instructional design notes and recommendations for beginners. Journal of Online Learning and Teaching. (
- Retrieved March 18, (2008). from http://jolt.merlot.org/vol1_no2_hensley.htm.
- Institutions and organizations in SL. 2008 Retrieved March 18, (2008). from http://www.simteach.com/wiki/index.php?title=Institutions_and_Organizations_in_SLUNIVERSITIES.2C_COLLEGES_.26_SCHOOLS.
- 2002). Assessment of an experiment in teaching geography online. (
- Retrieved March 18, (2008). from http://www.csulb.edu/odrigue/cgs02.html.
- 2000). Effect of student attitude to course format on learning performance: An empirical study in web vs. lecture instruction. Journal of Instructional Technology, 27, 66–73. , , & (
- 2006). A comparative analysis of online and traditional undergraduate business law courses. Retrieved March 18, 2008 from http://www.actapress.com/PaperInfo.aspx?PaperID=28526&reason=500. , , & (
- 2003). Improving quality and reducing costs: Designs for effective learning. Change, 35, 22–29. (
- 2000). Characteristics of students who enroll and succeed in psychology web-based classes. Journal of Educational Psychology, 92, 137–142. , & (
- 2001). The online delivery of psychology courses: Attribution, performance, and evaluation. Teaching of Psychology, 28, 143–147. (
- WebCT 2008 Retrieved March 18, 2008 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebCT.
- 2002). Increasing student learning, technology use, and computer skills via use of WEBCT in an undergraduate child development course: A pre-post course evaluation study. Retrieved March 18, 2008, from http://www.eric.ed.gov:80/ERICWebPortal/custom/portlets/recordDetails/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=ED472513&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=ED472513. , & (