This article is based on my presentation at the Seminar on Justice and Health, Harvard Global Equity Initiative, Harvard University, December 9 and 10, 2009. I am grateful to Sudhir Anand for inviting me to speak. For comments on the presentation, I am indebted to Amartya Sen and others present at the seminar. I am grateful for comments on earlier written drafts of this article to Thomas Pogge, Jennifer Prah Ruger, and those attending their class at Yale University on February 22, 2010. I received helpful suggestions as well from the Editors of Philosophy & Public Affairs. This article may be considered a companion piece to my discussion of Ronald Dworkin's theory of rights as presented in his Justice for Hedgehogs (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 2010). That article, “What Ethical Responsibility Cannot Justify,” appears in the Boston University Law Review 90, no. 2 (April 2010): 691–714.
Sen on Justice and Rights: A Review Essay
Version of Record online: 22 MAR 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Philosophy & Public Affairs
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 82–104, Winter 2011
How to Cite
KAMM, F. M. (2011), Sen on Justice and Rights: A Review Essay. Philosophy & Public Affairs, 39: 82–104. doi: 10.1111/j.1088-4963.2011.01199.x
- Issue online: 22 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 22 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!