A Late-18th-Century Merchantman Wrecked in the South Edinburgh Channel, Thames Estuary, England
Article first published online: 16 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors. International Journal of Nautical Archaeology © 2012 The Nautical Archaeology Society
International Journal of Nautical Archaeology
Volume 42, Issue 1, pages 137–149, March 2013
How to Cite
Parham, D., Rundell, E. and van der Merwe, P. (2013), A Late-18th-Century Merchantman Wrecked in the South Edinburgh Channel, Thames Estuary, England. International Journal of Nautical Archaeology, 42: 137–149. doi: 10.1111/j.1095-9270.2012.00364.x
- Issue published online: 4 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 16 OCT 2012
- ADU, 1988, Assessment of the South Edinburgh Channel Wreck, unpublished report ADU032, National Monuments Record.
- ADU, 1995, South Edinburgh Channel Wreck Kent, England, unpublished report ADU 95/10, National Monuments Record.
- ADU, 1997, South Edinburgh Channel Wreck Kent, England, unpublished report ADU 97/28) National Monuments Record.
- ADU, 1999, South Edinburgh Channel Wreck Kent, England, unpublished report ADU 99/42, National Monuments Record.
- Arqueonautas Worldwide, 2009, Wrecks being excavated by ARQ in Cape Verde: Ernest Schimmelmann, http://aww.pt/typo3/index.php?id=88&L=2, accessed 30/01/2012.
- 1955, Foreign observers of the British iron industry during the 18th century, Journal of Economic History 15.1, 23–33. ,
- 1950, The shipping interests of the Honourable East India Company, Mariner's Mirror 36.3, 244–262. ,
- 2002, Sinews of trade and empire: The supply of commodity exports to the East India Company during the late eighteenth century, Economic History Review NS 55.3, 466–486. ,
- 2002, Gale Force 10: the life and legacy of Admiral Beaufort. London. ,
- 2004, Shipwreck Archaeology and Social Relations: Identifying British Maritime Strategies in the South Atlantic during the 18th Century, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Southampton. ,
- 2008, Curator, Archaeological Unit, National Maritime Museum, Stockholm, Sweden. Wreck at Goodwin Sands, e-mail dated 8 April 2008, South Edinburgh Channel Wreck Archive: 1/19. ,
- 1990, Leaden seals—evidence for East India Company trade in textiles, IJNA 19.1, 87–89. ,
- 2007, Archaeological Research on HMS Swift: a British Sloop-of-War lost off Patagonia, Southern Argentina, in 1770, IJNA 36.1, 32–58. , , , , , , and ,
- 1998, Historic Shipwrecks: Discovered, Protected and Investigated. Stroud. and ,
- 1991 (rev. edn), Encyclopaedia of British pottery and porcelain marks. London. ,
- 1997–99, Smallarms of the East India Company 1600–1856, 4 vols. Chattanooga TN. ,
- 1999, The Plate Money Treasure of Nicobar. Stockholm. and ,
- 1982, A guide to artefacts of colonial America. New York. ,
- 1992, Scandinavian shipping in the late eighteenth century in a European perspective, Economic History Review NS 45.3, 479–493. ,
- 1974 Svenska ostindiska kompanierna 1731–1813. Malmö.
- 1976, A Wreck in the Dark, Spectrum 143, 5–6. and ,
- 1965, Patterns of Swedish foreign trade in the late eighteenth century, Geografiska Annaler. Series B, Human Geography 47.1, 86–99. ,
- St Andrews Institute of Maritime Archaeology Newsletter, 1976.
- 1981, Swedish plate money from England, Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History 35, 63–66. ,
- 1995, Dependent Colonies: the Importation of Material Culture into the Australian Colonies (1788–1850), in M. Staniforth and M. Hyde (eds), Maritime Archaeology in Australia: a Reader. Blackwood, South Australia 2001 Southern Archaeology. ,
- 2003, Material culture and consumer society: Dependent Colonies in Colonial Australia, New York. ,
- 1998, Chinese export porcelain from the wreck of the Sydney Cove (1797), Australian Institute for Maritime Archaeology, Special Publication 12. Adelaide, South Australia. and ,
- 1969, Swedish Coins: An Illustrated Reference Book of Swedish Numismatics 1521–1968. Stockholm. ,
- 2001, Antique Glass Bottles: Their History and Evolution (1500–1850). Woodbridge, Suffolk. ,
- Wessex Archaeology, 2010, East of England Designated Wrecks, Marine Geophysical Survey and Interpretation, unpublished report available from the National Monument Record.