The new facts recorded in this communication are:–
- a. The full description of the mouth and tongue
- b. The comparison between the palates of Bradypus and CholoEpus
- c. The external relations of the compartments of the stomach, and the distribution of lymphatic glands in the Stomach-wall.
- d. Details of the internal structure of the stomach, and a complete account of the interior of the cæcal appendage.
- e. The unusual and reptilian-like situation of the pancreas, which results in complications in the peritoneum. The latter is fully described for the first, time in Bradypus tridactylus
- f. The vessels arising from the aortic arch are different to previous accounts
- g. The ligamentum arteriosuin of Bradypus is described for the first time.
- h. The duct papillæ in the duodenum are different from the form which has already been described.
- i. The comparison between the male and female pelves.