Summary and Conclusion.
- 1The female external geiiitalia of the cliirnpaiizer have been decribed and figured in more detail (especialy with reference to the morphology the ditoris) than hit'herto.
- 2Stages are considered at, different pcriocls of the post -1iitta1 life history.
- 3The mammary gland has been discussed at different, phases of tthe life history.
- 4Comparisons are niade with the external genitalia of other Priniate's, both human and subhuman and the morphology of the cliboris cornpred with that, of the penis at different ages.
- 5Conclusions are drawn relative to the early differeatiation of Anthropo-pifh)ecun from the generalized anthropoid ape-stock of the Miocene. in which a generalized mammalian phallus was probably the rule—which condition is retained by the femde chimpanzee. whereas i t has been consitlernbly departed from hy the male.
If you can't find a tool you're looking for, please click the link at the top of the page to "Go to old article view". Alternatively, view our Knowledge Base articles for additional help. Your feedback is important to us, so please let us know if you have comments or ideas for improvement.