*It is probable that the specific name C. anchorellae should really be C. anchovellae, since Anchovella is an old name for the host fish, whereas Anchorella is a synonym of Clavella, a genus of parasitic Copepods belonging to the family Lernaeopodidae. Two species of this fish genus Stolephorus (Anchovella or Engraulis), viz. S. tri and S. indicus. occur at Madras but several hundreds of S. tri Blecker examined by the author appeared freo of this parasite.
Studies on a lernacid copepod, Cardiodectes anchorellae* Brian and Gray.
Article first published online: 21 AUG 2009
1951 The Zoological Society of London
Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London
Volume 121, Issue 2, pages 237–252, August 1951
How to Cite
GNANAMUTHU, C. P. (1951), Studies on a lernacid copepod, Cardiodectes anchorellae* Brian and Gray. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London, 121: 237–252. doi: 10.1111/j.1096-3642.1951.tb00794.x
- Issue published online: 30 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 21 AUG 2009
- Received May 18, 1950.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!