British mites of the genus Veigaia Oudemans (Mesostigmata-Veigaiaidae)
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2009
1955 The Zoological Society of London
Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London
Volume 125, Issue 3-4, pages 569–586, November 1955
How to Cite
Evans, G. O. (1955), British mites of the genus Veigaia Oudemans (Mesostigmata-Veigaiaidae). Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London, 125: 569–586. doi: 10.1111/j.1096-3642.1955.tb00618.x
- Issue published online: 30 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2009
- Received 1st November 1954
- 1The British species of the genus Veigaia are redescribed. A key is given for the identification of the females.
- 2Veigaia bovvieri (Bed.), both sexes, and Veigaia serrata Willm., females only, are recorded for the first time from Britain.
- 3Veigaia herculeana (Bed.) 1904 is considered to be a synonym of Veigaia kochi (Trägärdh) 1901. Veigaia kochi Willm., 1936 non Trägärdh, 1901 is considered a synonym of Veigaia nemorensis (C. L. Koch), 1839.
- 4A discussion is given on the classification of the Veigaiaidae (syn. Gamasolaelaptidae). The writer has united the families Veigaiaidae and Gamasolaelaptidae since he considers the genus Gamasolaelaelaptidae to be closely related to Veigaia and Cyrthydrolaelaps. The genera Euryparasitus Oudms. and Halolaelaps Bed., previously included in the Gamasolaelaptidae, are transferred to the Rhodacaridae.