- 1The classification of the Macrochelidae is discussed. The family is divided into two subfamilies: Macrochelinae Tragardh (including Areolaspinae Trägårdh) and Parholaspinae nov.
- 2Keys are given to the genera (females only) of the Macrochelinae and to genera and species of the Parholaspinae.
- 3Three new genera are proposedParholaspulus gen. n., type Parholaspulus alstoni sp. n.; Tricholaspis gen. n., type: Tricholaspis marginipilis sp. n., and Neparholaspis gen. n., Type: Neparholaspis spathulatus sp. n.
- 4The following new species, in addition to the three species referred to above, are described and figuredHolaspulus tweediei sp. n. (both sexes).Neparholaspis simplex sp. n. (both sexes).Gamasholaspis intermedius sp. n. (female only).Parholaspis kewensis sp. n. (female only).
- 5Parholaspis pachylaelapsoides Schweizer 1932 is considered to be a synonym of Holaspulus tenuipes Berl., 1904, and Parholaspis crispus Willmann 1940 is transferred to the genus Neparholaspis.
If you can't find a tool you're looking for, please click the link at the top of the page to "Go to old article view". Alternatively, view our Knowledge Base articles for additional help. Your feedback is important to us, so please let us know if you have comments or ideas for improvement.