TERATOLOGICAL EXAMPLES OF AN ELECTRIC RAY, TORPEDO NOBILIANA BONAPARTE
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2009
1958 The Zoological Society of London
Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London
Volume 130, Issue 3, pages 449–454, May 1958
How to Cite
PALMER, G. and WHEELER, A. C. (1958), TERATOLOGICAL EXAMPLES OF AN ELECTRIC RAY, TORPEDO NOBILIANA BONAPARTE. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London, 130: 449–454. doi: 10.1111/j.1096-3642.1958.tb00582.x
- Issue published online: 30 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2009
- [Accepted 10th December 1957]
- 1Two abnormal examples of Torpedo nobiliana are described and compared with normal forms.
- 2Previously recorded specimens showing varying degrees of abnormality are listed and commented upon.
- 3The presence of pectoral notches in young stages is discussed.
- 4It is suggested that this type of abnormality is teratological in nature.