These authors contributed equally to this work.
A combination of methods to evaluate biofilm production may help to determine the clinical relevance of Staphylococcus in blood cultures
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Societies and Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
Microbiology and Immunology
Volume 55, Issue 1, pages 28–33, January 2011
How to Cite
Iorio, N. L. P., Lopes, A. P. d. C. N., Schuenck, R. P., Barcellos, A. G., Olendzki, A. N., Lopez, G. L. and dos Santos, K. R. N. (2011), A combination of methods to evaluate biofilm production may help to determine the clinical relevance of Staphylococcus in blood cultures. Microbiology and Immunology, 55: 28–33. doi: 10.1111/j.1348-0421.2010.00288.x
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 NOV 2010 12:20AM EST
- Received 11 June 2010; revised 7 October 2010; accepted 21 October 2010.
- 3National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance System. (2004) National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance (NNIS) system report, data summary from January 1992 to June 2004, issued October 2004. Am J Infect Control 30: 458–75.
- 21Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute. (2009) Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Disc Susceptibility Test, 10th edn. Approved Standards: M02-A10. Wayne , PA , USA : CLSI.
- 22Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute. (2009) Methods for Dilution Antimicrobial Susceptibility Tests for Bacteria that Grow Aerobically, E8th edn. Approved Standard M07-A8. Wayne , PA , USA : CLSI.
- 252007) Evaluation of biofilm production and prevalence of the icaD gene in methicillin-resistant and methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from patients with nosocomial infections and carriers. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 50: 375–9., , (