Helicobacter pylori infection appears essential for stomach carcinogenesis: Observations in Semarang, Indonesia
Article first published online: 9 DEC 2005
Volume 96, Issue 12, pages 873–875, December 2005
How to Cite
Tokudome, S., Samsuria, W. D., Soeripto, Triningsih, F. X. E., Suzuki, S., Hosono, A., Triono, T., Wijaya, I., Sarjadi, Miranti, I. P., Ghadimi, R. and Moore, M. A. (2005), Helicobacter pylori infection appears essential for stomach carcinogenesis: Observations in Semarang, Indonesia. Cancer Science, 96: 873–875. doi: 10.1111/j.1349-7006.2005.00122.x
- Issue published online: 9 DEC 2005
- Article first published online: 9 DEC 2005
- (Received July 7, 2005/Revised September 26, 2005/Accepted September 30, 2005/Online publication December 8, 2005)
- 1IARC/IACR. Cancer Incidence in Five Continents, Vol. VIII. Lyon: IARC, 2002.
- 2Cancer registration in Japan. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2001; 2 (IACR Suppl.): 31–5., , .
- 3World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research. Food, Nutrition and the Prevention of Cancer: a Global Perspective. Washington, DC: World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research, 1997.
- 5H pylori-Associated Gastrointestinal Diseases, 2nd edn. Newtown: Handbooks in Health Care, 2002., .
- 6IARC. Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans. Tobacco Smoke and Involuntary Smoking, Vol. 83. Lyon: IARC, 2004.
- 7IARC. Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans. Schistosomes, Liver Flukes and Helicobacter pylori, Vol. 61. Lyon: IARC, 1994.
- 11Usefulness of gastric cancer screening using the serum pepsinogen test method. Am J Gastroenterol 2003; 98: 735–9., , , , , .Direct Link:
- 12Five years follow up study of gastric cancer screening using the pepsinogen test method in Adachi city. J Jpn Assoc Cancer Detect Diag 2004; 11: 77–81., , , , , .
- 13A simple method for estimating 24h urinary sodium and potassium excretion from second morning voiding urine specimen in adults. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 1993; 20: 7–14., , , .
- 14Science and Technology Agency, Japan. Follow-up of Standard Tables of Food Composition in Japan. Tokyo: Ishiyaku Shuppan, 1992. (In Japanese.)
- 15Ministry of Health, Labour and Walfare, Japan. The National Nutrition Survey in Japan, 2002. Tokyo: Daiichi Shuppan, 2004. (In Japanese.)
- 18Japan Tobacco [website on the internet]. [Cited 15 August 2005.] Available from URL: http://www.health-net.or.jp/tobacco/product/pd090000.html
- 22H. pylori and gastric cancer: the Asian enigma. Am J Gastroenterol 2002; 97: 1106–12., , .Direct Link: