Cost-effective mammography screening in Korea: High incidence of breast cancer in young women
Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2009
© 2009 Japanese Cancer Association
Volume 100, Issue 6, pages 1105–1111, June 2009
How to Cite
Lee, S. Y., Jeong, S. H., Kim, Y. N., Kim, J., Kang, D. R., Kim, H.-C. and Nam, C. M. (2009), Cost-effective mammography screening in Korea: High incidence of breast cancer in young women. Cancer Science, 100: 1105–1111. doi: 10.1111/j.1349-7006.2009.01147.x
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2009
- (Received October 13, 2008/Revised February 6, 2009; February 18, 2009/Accepted February 21, 2009/Online publication March 23, 2009)
Vol. 102, Issue 9, 1748, Version of Record online: 18 AUG 2011
- 2Ministry of Health and Welfare. Report of the National Cancer Control. Seoul, Korea: Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2003.
- 3Korean Institute of Health and Social Affairs. The Third Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES III), 2005 – Health Examination. Seoul, Korea: Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2006.
- 9Cancer Incidence in Five Continents, No. VIII. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 2002., , , , .
- 11SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975–2004. Bethesda, USA: National Cancer Institute, 2007., , et al .
- 12Office for National Statistics. Cancer Statistics Registrations: Registrations of Cancer Diagnosed in 2005. London: National Statistics, 2008.
- 13Hospital Authority. Cancer Incidence and Mortality in Hong Kong. Hong Kong: Hong Kong Cancer Registry, 2004.
- 20Office for National Health Insurance Corporation. The Contracting Report of Medical Cost in Korea. Seoul, Korea: National Health Insurance Corporation, 2007.
- 22The sensitivity and lead time of breast cancer screening: a comparison of the results of different studies. In: DayNE, MillerAB, eds. Screening for Breast Cancer. Stuttgart: Hans Huber, 1984., ,
- 24International Agency for Research on Cancer. IARC Handbook of Cancer Prevention: Breast Cancer Screening, vol. 7. Lyon, France: IARC, 2002.
- 27Health Council of the Netherlands. The Benefit of Population Screening for Breast Cancer with Mammography. Hague, Netherlands: Health Council of the Netherlands, 2002.
- 29Screening for Breast Cancer with Mammography, Update Software, Issue 3. Oxford, UK: Cochrane Library, 2003., .
- 31National Cancer Screening Program in Korea. J Korean Assoc Cancer Prev 2004; 9: 116–22., , , , .