Expression of podoplanin, CD44, and p63 in squamous cell carcinoma of the lung
Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2009
© 2009 Japanese Cancer Association
Volume 100, Issue 11, pages 2054–2059, November 2009
How to Cite
Shimada, Y., Ishii, G., Nagai, K., Atsumi, N., Fujii, S., Yamada, A., Yamane, Y., Hishida, T., Nishimura, M., Yoshida, J., Ikeda, N. and Ochiai, A. (2009), Expression of podoplanin, CD44, and p63 in squamous cell carcinoma of the lung. Cancer Science, 100: 2054–2059. doi: 10.1111/j.1349-7006.2009.01295.x
- Issue online: 11 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2009
- (Received May 31, 2009/Revised July 02, 2009/Accepted July 07, 2009)
- 1Multi-institutional randomized phase II trial of gefitinib for previously treated patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (The IDEAL 1 Trial) [corrected]. J Clin Oncol 2003; 21: 2237–46., , et al.
- 2Gefitinib (IRESSA) in patients of Asian origin with refractory advanced non-small cell lung cancer: subset analysis from the ISEL study. J Thorac Oncol 2006; 1: 847–55., , et al.
- 3Erlotinib in previously treated non-small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med 2005; 353: 123–32., , et al.
- 4Cancer stem cells and the ontogeny of lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 2008; 26: 2883–9., .
- 5Stem and progenitor cells: origins, phenotypes, lineage commitments, and transdifferentiations. Ann Rev Cell Dev Biol 2001; 17: 387–403., , .
- 6Podoplanin, a novel marker of tumor-initiating cells in human squamous cell carcinoma A431. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2008; 373: 36–41., , , , , .
- 7p63 identifies keratinocyte stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2001; 98: 3156–61., , et al.
- 8Identification of a subpopulation of cells with cancer stem cell properties in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2007; 104: 973–8., , et al.
- 9A new monoclonal antibody, D2-40, for detection of lymphatic invasion in primary tumors. Lab Invest 2002; 82: 1255–7., .
- 10Conservation of a platelet activating domain of Aggrus/podoplanin as a platelet aggregation-inducing factor. Gene 2006; 378: 52–7., , , .
- 11Characterization of human PA2.26 antigen (T1alpha-2, podoplanin), a small membrane mucin induced in oral squamous cell carcinomas. Int J Cancer 2005; 113: 899–910., , et al.
- 12Absence of the CD44 gene prevents sarcoma metastasis. Cancer Res 2002; 62: 2281–6., , , , , .
- 13CD44 and its v6 spliced variant in lung tumors: a role in histogenesis? Cancer 1997; 80: 34–41., , , , , .
- 14The clinicopathologic and prognostic significance of CD44+/CD24(-/low) and CD44-/CD24+ tumor cells in invasive breast carcinomas. Hum Pathol 2008; 39: 1096–102., , et al.
- 15DeltaNp63 isoforms regulate CD44 and keratins 4, 6, 14 and 19 in squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck. J Pathol 2007; 213: 384–91., , , .
- 16p53 family update: p73 and p63 develop their own identities. Cell Growth Differ 2001; 12: 337–49., .
- 17P63 in pulmonary epithelium, pulmonary squamous neoplasms, and other pulmonary tumors. Hum Pathol 2002; 33: 921–6., , , , , .
- 18P63 and P73: P53 mimics, menaces and more. Nat Rev 2000; 1: 199–207., .
- 19AIS is an oncogene amplified in squamous cell carcinoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2000; 97: 5462–7., , et al.
- 20Low podoplanin expression of tumor cells predicts poor prognosis in pathological stage IB squamous cell carcinoma of the lung, tissue microarray analysis of 136 patients using 24 antibodies. Lung Cancer. 2008; 3: 418–24., , et al.
- 21Overexpression of podoplanin in oral cancer and its association with poor clinical outcome. Cancer 2006; 107: 563–9., , et al.
- 22Podoplanin is a novel fos target gene in skin carcinogenesis. Cancer Res 2008; 68: 6877–83., , et al.
- 23Low podoplanin expression in pretreatment biopsy material predicts poor prognosis in advanced-stage squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix treated by primary radiation. Mod Pathol 2006; 19: 708–16., , et al.
- 24Efficient tumour formation by single human melanoma cells. Nature 2008; 456: 593–8., , , , , .
- 25Podoplanin binds ERM proteins to activate RhoA and promote epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Cell Sci 2006; 119: 4541–53., , , , , .