Dual antitumor mechanisms of Notch signaling inhibitor in a T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia xenograft model
Version of Record online: 27 AUG 2009
© 2009 Japanese Cancer Association
Volume 100, Issue 12, pages 2444–2450, December 2009
How to Cite
Masuda, S., Kumano, K., Suzuki, T., Tomita, T., Iwatsubo, T., Natsugari, H., Tojo, A., Shibutani, M., Mitsumori, K., Hanazono, Y., Ogawa, S., Kurokawa, M. and Chiba, S. (2009), Dual antitumor mechanisms of Notch signaling inhibitor in a T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia xenograft model. Cancer Science, 100: 2444–2450. doi: 10.1111/j.1349-7006.2009.01328.x
- Issue online: 11 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 27 AUG 2009
- (Received May 04, 2009/Revised August 19, 2009/Accepted August 21, 2009/Online publication September 23, 2009)
- 1Notch 1 activation in the molecular pathogenesis of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Nat Rev Cancer 2006; 6: 347–59., , .
- 2Recent insights into the role of Notch signaling in tumorigenesis. Blood 2006; 107: 2223–33., .
- 3Notch signaling: from the outside in. Dev Biol 2000; 228: 151–65., .
- 4T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma: a human cancer commonly associated with aberrant NOTCH1 signaling. Curr Opin Hematol 2004; 11: 426–33., .
- 5Gain-of-function mutations and copy number increases of Notch2 in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Cancer Sci 2009; 100: 920–6., , et al.
- 6Exclusive development of T cell neoplasms in mice transplanted with bone marrow expressing activated Notch alleles. J Exp Med 1996; 183: 2283–91., , et al.
- 7Activating mutations of NOTCH1 in human T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Science 2004; 306: 269–71., , et al.
- 8Mutations of the Notch1 gene in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia: analysis in adults and children. Leukemia 2005; 19: 1841–3., , et al.
- 9Notch activation is an early and critical event during T-Cell leukemogenesis in Ikaros-deficient mice. Mol Cell Biol 2006; 26: 209–20., , et al.
- 10Notch1 mutations are important for leukemic transformation in murine models of precursor-T leukemia/lymphoma. Blood 2006; 107: 2540–3., , , .
- 11Activating Notch1 mutations in mouse models of T-ALL. Blood 2006; 107: 781–5., , et al.
- 12Notch1 promotes survival of E2A-deficient T cell lymphomas through pre-T cell receptor-dependent and -independent mechanisms. Blood 2006; 107: 4115–21., , et al.
- 13Growth suppression of pre-T acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells by inhibition of notch signaling. Mol Cell Biol 2003; 23: 655–64., , et al.
- 14Apoptosis in T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells after cell cycle arrest induced by pharmacological inhibition of Notch signaling. Chem Biol 2007; 14: 209–19., , et al.
- 15FBW7 mutations in leukemic cells mediate NOTCH pathway activation and resistance to γ-secretase inhibitors. J Exp Med 2007; 204: 1813–24., , et al.
- 16Notch signaling, γ-secretase inhibitors, and cancer therapy. Cancer Res 2007; 67: 1879–82., .
- 17Highly efficient synthesis of medium-sized lactams via intramolecular Staudingeraza-Wittig reaction of w-azido pentafluorophenyl ester: synthesis and biological evaluation of Ly411575 analogues. Tetrahedron Lett 2004; 45: 2323–6., , et al.
- 18Both Notch1 and Notch2 contribute to the regulation of melanocyte homeostasis. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 2008; 21: 70–8., , et al.
- 19Chronic treatment with the gamma-secretase inhibitor LY-411,575 inhibits beta-amyloid peptide production and alters lymphopoiesis and intestinal cell differentiation. J Biol Chem 2004; 279: 12876–82., , et al.
- 20Notch1 but not Notch2 is essential for generating hematopoietic stem cells from endothelial cells. Immunity 2003; 18: 699–711., , et al.
- 21Retrovirus-mediated gene transfer and expression cloning: powerful tools in functional genomics. Exp Hematol 2003; 31: 1007–14., , et al.
- 22Notch1 oncoprotein antagonizes TGF-beta/Smad-mediated cell growth suppression via sequestration of coactivator p300. Cancer Sci 2005; 96: 274–82., , et al.
- 23Blockade of Dll4 inhibits tumour growth by promoting non-productive angiogenesis. Nature 2006; 444: 1032–7., , et al.
- 24Inhibition of Dll4 signalling inhibits tumour growth by deregulating angiogenesis. Nature 2006; 444: 1083–7., , et al.
- 25Dll4 signalling through Notch1 regulates formation of tip cells during angiogenesis. Nature 2007; 445: 776–80., , et al.
- 26Notch signalling limits angiogenic cell behaviour in developing zebrafish arteries. Nature 2007; 445: 781–4., .
- 27Role of ephrinB2 in nonproductive angiogenesis induced by Delta-like 4 blockade. Blood 2009; 113: 3631–9., , et al.
- 28Gamma-secretase inhibitors reverse glucocorticoid resistance in T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Nat Med 2009; 15: 50–8., , et al.
- 29Deficient T cell fate specification in mice with an induced inactivation of Notch1. Immunity 1999; 10: 547–58., , et al.
- 30Notch2 is preferentially expressed in mature B cells and indispensable for marginal zone B lineage development. Immunity 2003; 18: 675–85., , et al.
- 31Deregulated NOTCH signaling in acute T-cell lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma: new insights, questions, and opportunities. Int J Hematol 2005; 82: 295–301..
- 32Mutational loss of PTEN induces resistance to NOTCH1 inhibition in T-cell leukemia. Nat Med 2007; 13: 1203–10., , et al.