Present address: Division of Genome Medicine, Institute for Genome Research, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan.
Critical roles of T-LAK cell-originated protein kinase in cytokinesis
Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2009
© 2009 Japanese Cancer Association
Volume 101, Issue 2, pages 403–411, February 2010
How to Cite
Park, J.-H., Nishidate, T., Nakamura, Y. and Katagiri, T. (2010), Critical roles of T-LAK cell-originated protein kinase in cytokinesis. Cancer Science, 101: 403–411. doi: 10.1111/j.1349-7006.2009.01400.x
- Issue online: 29 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2009
- (Received August 29, 2009/Revised September 29, 2009/Accepted September 29, 2009/Online publication November 8, 2009)
- 1Mitotic kinases as regulators of cell division and its checkpoints. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2001; 2: 21–32..
- 2Mitotic phosphatases: no longer silent partners. Curr Opin Cell Biol 2006; 18: 623–31., .
- 3Mitotic kinases: the key to duplication, segregation, and cytokinesis errors, chromosomal instability, and oncogenesis. Pharmacol Ther 2006; 111: 974–84., .
- 4Cyclin B1 depletion inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in human tumor cells. Oncogene 2004; 23: 5843–52., , et al.
- 5The centrosomal kinase Nek2 displays elevated levels of protein expression in human breast cancer. Cancer Res 2004; 64: 7370–6., , , , , .
- 6Overexpression of aurora kinase A in mouse mammary epithelium induces genetic instability preceding mammary tumor formation. Oncogene 2006; 25: 7148–58., , et al.
- 7Rational combinations of siRNAs targeting Plk1 with breast cancer drugs. Oncogene 2007; 26: 5793–807., , , .
- 8Genome-wide gene-expression profiles of breast-cancer cells purified with laser microbeam microdissection: identification of genes associated with progression and metastasis. Int J Oncol 2004; 25: 797–819., , et al.
- 9PDZ-binding kinase/T-LAK cell-originated protein kinase, a putative cancer/testis antigen with an oncogenic activity in breast cancer. Cancer Res 2006; 66: 9186–95., , , , .
- 10Characterization of a MAPKK-like protein kinase TOPK. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2004; 325: 997–1004., , et al.
- 11Mitotic regulation of the human anaphase-promoting complex by phosphorylation. EMBO J 2003; 22: 6598–609., , et al.
- 12Complex formation of Plk1 and INCENP required for metaphase–anaphase transition. Nat Cell Biol 2006; 8: 180–7., , et al.
- 13Choice of Plk1 docking partners during mitosis and cytokinesis is controlled by the activation state of Cdk1. Nat Cell Biol 2007; 9: 436–44., , et al.
- 14Cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation of mammalian protein phosphatase 1 by cdc2 kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1997; 94: 2168–73., , , , .
- 15RNA interference of valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97) reveals multiple cellular roles linked to ubiquitin/proteasome-dependent proteolysis. J Cell Sci 2004; 117: 281–92., , .
- 16Spatiotemporal control of spindle midzone formation by PRC1 in human cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2006; 103: 6196–201., , , , .
- 17Dephosphorylation of CDK9 by protein phosphatase 2A and protein phosphatase-1 in Tat-activated HIV-1 transcription. Retrovirology 2005; 2: 47., , , , .
- 18p97/p47-Mediated biogenesis of Golgi and ER. J Biochem 2005; 137: 115–9., .
- 19The localization and phosphorylation of p47 are important for Golgi disassembly-assembly during the cell cycle. J Cell Biol 2003; 161: 1067–79., , et al.
- 20Characterization of PDZ-binding kinase, a mitotic kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2000; 97: 5167–72., , .
- 21Interaction and feedback regulation between STK15/BTAK/Aurora-A kinase and protein phosphatase 1 through mitotic cell division cycle. J Biol Chem 2001; 276: 46219–24., , , , .
- 22Autophosphorylation of ataxia-telangiectasia mutated is regulated by protein phosphatase 2A. EMBO J 2004; 23: 4451–61., , et al.
- 23Protein phosphatase-1alpha regulates centrosome splitting through Nek2. Cancer Res 2007; 67: 1082–9., , , .
- 24Expression and phosphorylation of TOPK during spermatogenesis. Dev Growth Differ 2005; 47: 637–44., , et al.
- 25UBX domain proteins: major regulators of the AAA ATPase Cdc48/p97. Cell Mol Life Sci 2008; 65: 2360–71., .
- 26Role(s) of Cdc48/p97 in mitosis. Biochem Soc Trans 2008; 36: 126–30., .
- 27The AAA-ATPase Cdc48/p97 regulates spindle disassembly at the end of mitosis. Cell 2003; 115: 355–67., , , .
- 28The Cdc48/p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex: its potential role in coordinating cellular morphogenesis during the M-G1 transition. Cell Cycle 2004; 3: 422–4., .
- 29Control of mitosis by changes in the subcellular location of cyclin-B1-Cdk1 and Cdc25C. Curr Opin Cell Biol 2000; 12: 658–65., .