Incidence of metachronous second primary cancers in Osaka, Japan: Update of analyses using population-based cancer registry data
Article first published online: 11 APR 2012
© 2012 Japanese Cancer Association
Volume 103, Issue 6, pages 1111–1120, June 2012
How to Cite
Tabuchi, T., Ito, Y., Ioka, A., Miyashiro, I. and Tsukuma, H. (2012), Incidence of metachronous second primary cancers in Osaka, Japan: Update of analyses using population-based cancer registry data. Cancer Science, 103: 1111–1120. doi: 10.1111/j.1349-7006.2012.02254.x
- Issue published online: 1 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 11 APR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 FEB 2012 12:42PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 20 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 DEC 2011
- Grant-in-Aid for Clinical Cancer Research from the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Grant Number: H22-011
- 5Introduction to the study of multiple primary cancers. Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 1985; 68: 3–9., , et al.
- 6Cancer Incidence and Mortality in Osaka 1963–1989. Tokyo: Shinohara Publishers, 1993 (in Japanese)., , , , , .
- 7World Health Organization. International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Health Related Problems (The) ICD-10 Second Edition. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2004.
- 8The comprehensive study for multiple primary cancers based on the hospital cancer registry data of the Osaka Medical Centre for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases. In: Tsukuma H, ed. The Report for Grant-in-Aid for Cancer Research (12–4) from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Osaka: Suehiro Publishers, 2000; 111–26 (in Japanese)., , , , .
- 9Cumurative rate and cumulative risk. In: Parkin DM, Muir CS, Whelan SL, Gao YT, Ferlay J, Powell J, eds. Cancer Incidence In Five Continents Volume VI. Lyon: IARC, 1992; 862–4..
- 10International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). International Rules for Multiple Primary Cancers (ICD-O 3rd edn). Lyon: IARC, 2004.
- 11World Health Organization (WHO). International Classification of Diseases for Oncology (ICD-O), 3rd edn. Geneva: WHO, 2000.
- 16Fundamentals of Cancer Epidemiology, 2nd edn. Ontario: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2008., .
- 17Textbook of Cancer Epidemiology, 2nd edn. New York: Oxford University Press, 2008., , .
- 24Cancer Incidence in Five Continents, Vol. IX. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 2007., , et al.
- 27New Malignancies Among Cancer Survivors: SEER Cancer Registries, 1973–2000. NIH Publication no. 05–5302. Bethesda: National Cancer Institute, 2006., , et al.