Pure flat epithelial atypia is uncommon in subsequent breast excisions for atypical epithelial proliferation
Article first published online: 7 JUN 2012
© 2012 Japanese Cancer Association
Volume 103, Issue 8, pages 1580–1585, August 2012
How to Cite
Yamaguchi, R., Tanaka, M., Tse, G. M., Yamaguchi, M., Terasaki, H., Akiba, J., Naito, Y., Mizushima, Y. and Yano, H. (2012), Pure flat epithelial atypia is uncommon in subsequent breast excisions for atypical epithelial proliferation. Cancer Science, 103: 1580–1585. doi: 10.1111/j.1349-7006.2012.02314.x
- Issue published online: 26 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 7 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 APR 2012 07:43AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 APR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 12 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 MAR 2012
- Kurume University School of Medicine Alumni Association
- 1Intradectal preliferative lesions. In: Tavassoli FA, Devilee P, eds. Tumours of the Breast and Female Genital Organs. Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Digestive System. World Health Organization Classification of Tumours. Lyon: IARC Press, 2003; 63–73., , et al.
- 12UK National coordinating committee for breast screening pathology; European commission working group on breast screening pathology. Best Practice No 179. Guidelines for breast needle core biopsy handling and reporting in breast screening assessment. J Clin Pathol 2004; 57: 897–902., , , , , .
- 17Outcome of breast lesions diagnosed as lesion of uncertain malignant potential (B3) or suspicious of malignancy (B4) on needle core biopsy, including detailed review of epithelial atypia. Histopathology 2011; 58: 626–32., , et al.