A ‘perfect storm’ in developing countries: economic growth and the alcohol industry
Article first published online: 24 JAN 2006
Volume 101, Issue 2, pages 149–152, February 2006
How to Cite
CAETANO, R. and LARANJEIRA, R. (2006), A ‘perfect storm’ in developing countries: economic growth and the alcohol industry. Addiction, 101: 149–152. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2006.01334.x
- Issue published online: 24 JAN 2006
- Article first published online: 24 JAN 2006
- 2003) Alcohol: No Ordinary Commodity-Research and Public Policy. Oxford and London: Oxford University Press. , , , , , et al. (
- 2005) InBev net surges as South American buoys beer sales. Wall Street Journal, 3 March, p. B2. & (
- Estado de Sao Paulo (2005) No ar, a nova guerra das cervejas [Being aired, a new beer war]. 7 January, p. B13.
- 1999) Alcoholic beverage choice, risk perception, and self-reported drunk driving: effects of measurement on risk analysis. Addiction, 94, 1735–1743. & (
- 2001) The GATS: impacts of the international ‘services’ treaty on health-based alcohol regulation. 27th Annual Alcohol Epidemiology Symposium for the Kettil Bruun Society for Social and Epidemiological Research on Alcohol, Toronto, Canada. & (
- 1997) The Perfect Storm: a True Story of Men Against the Sea. New York: W.W. Norton Co., Inc. (
- 2002) Influence of free trade on the politics of safety. Injury Prevention, 8, 3–5. & (
- 2000) The ambiguous role of alcohol in economic and social development. Addiction, 95, S523–S535. & (
- 2002) Alcohol in Developing Societies: a Public Health Approach. Helsinki and Geneva: Finnish Foundation for Alcohol Studies and World Health Organization. , , , , , et al. (
- 2005) Alcoolismo e responsabilidade social. Presented at the International Forum of Quality of Life and Health – Alcoholism: Who Pays the Bill? Porto Alegre, Brazil, 8 April. (
- The Economist (2005) Seeking new beer drinkers in the High Andes. 26 July. Available at: http://www.economist.com/agenda/displayStory.cfm?story_id=4197464[accessed July 2005].
- World Bank Group (2000) World Bank group note on alcohol beverages. Washington, DC: World Bank.
- World Health Organization (2005) Public Health Problems Caused by Harmful Use of Alcohol, Fifty-Eighth World Health Assembly. Geneva: World Health Organization, 25 May.