All authors have no conflicts of interests.
How reliable and valid is the Brief Sensation Seeking Scale (BSSS-4) for youth of various racial/ethnic groups?
Article first published online: 10 SEP 2007
Special Issue: Conceptual and Methodological Issues for Research on Tobacco-Related Health Disparities
Volume 102, Issue Supplement s2, pages 71–78, October 2007
How to Cite
Vallone, D., Allen, J. A., Clayton, R. R. and Xiao, H. (2007), How reliable and valid is the Brief Sensation Seeking Scale (BSSS-4) for youth of various racial/ethnic groups?. Addiction, 102: 71–78. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2007.01957.x
- Issue published online: 10 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 10 SEP 2007
- 2Behavioral Expressions and Biosocial Bases of Sensation Seeking. New York: Cambridge University Press; 1994.
- 10Sensation seeking, message sensation value, and drug use as mediators of PSA effectiveness. Health Commun 1991; 3: 217–27., , , , ,
- 11Sensation seeking and targeting of televised anti-drug PSAs. In: DonohewL., SypherH. E., BukoskiW. J., editors. Persuasive Communication and Drug Abuse Prevention. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum; 1991, p. 209–26., ,
- 14Reaching at-risk populations in a mass media drug abuse prevention campaign: sensation seeking as a target variable. Drugs Soc 1995; 8: 27–45., , , , ,
- 24Scale Development: Theory and Applications, 2nd edn. Thousand Oaks, London, New Delhi: SAGE Publications; 2003.