Methamphetamine precursor regulation: are we controlling or diverting the drug problem?
Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2008
© 2007 The Author
Volume 103, Issue 4, pages 521–523, April 2008
How to Cite
MCKETIN, R. (2008), Methamphetamine precursor regulation: are we controlling or diverting the drug problem?. Addiction, 103: 521–523. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2007.02099.x
- Issue online: 13 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2008
- 1United Nations Office On Drugs and Crime. 2007 World Drug Report. Vienna: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime; 2007, p. 17, 146.
- 3United Nations. United Nations Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances. 1988. Available at: http://www.unodc.org/pdf/convention_1988_en.pdf (accessed 25 September 2007).
- 7Importation and domestic production of methamphetamine. In: McKetinR., McLarenJ., KellyE., editors. The Sydney Methamphetamine Market: Patterns of Supply, Use, Personal Harms and Social Consequences. National Drug Law Enforcement Research Fund Monograph Series no. 13. Commonwealth of Australia: National Drug Law Enforcement Research Fund; 2005, p. 36.,
- 11Drugmakers take action to foil meth cooks. USA Today 28 June 2005. Available at: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2005-06-28-meth_x.htm (accessed 25 September 2007).
- 12UF researchers question effectiveness of decongestant. University of Florida News 19 July 2006. Available at: http://news.ufl.edu/2006/07/19/decongensant/ (accessed 25 September 2007).
- 13Reduction of phenylephrine with hydriodic acid/red phosphorus or iodine/red phosphorus, 3-hydroxy-N-methylphenethylamine. Microgram J 2005. Available at: http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/journal_v3_num34/journal_v3_num34_pg5.html (accessed 5 September 2007)., , ,
- 14Clandestine approach to the synthesis of phenyl-2-propanone from phenylpropenes. J Forensic Sci 1984; 29: 1187–208. Available at: http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/p2p.phenylpropenes.html (accessed 19 September 2007).
- 15Isolation, analysis, and synthesis of ephedrine and its derivatives. Chem Nat Compd 1989; 25: 261–71. Available at: http://designer-drugs.com/pte/220.127.116.11/dcd/chemistry/ephedrine.html (accessed 19 September 2007)., , ,
- 16Patterns and Trends of Amphetamine-Type Stimulants and Other Drugs of Abuse in East Asia and the Pacific 2006. Bangkok: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Regional Centre for East Asia and the Pacific; 2007., , ,