About smoke and mirrors: the alcohol industry and the promotion of science
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2008
Volume 103, Issue 2, pages 175–178, February 2008
How to Cite
CAETANO, R. (2008), About smoke and mirrors: the alcohol industry and the promotion of science. Addiction, 103: 175–178. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2007.02104.x
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2008
- 1Drinking in Context: Patterns, Interventions, and Partnerships. New York: Routledge; 2007., , ,
- 7Alcohol and the Developing World: A Public Health Perspective. Helsinki: Hakapaino Oy; 2002., , , , Marshall M. et al.
- 8Alcohol: No Ordinary Commodity- Research and Public Policy. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2003., , , , , et al.
- 10US Census Bureau. 2005 American Community Survey: Age and sex. 2005. Available at: http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/STTable?_bm=y&-geo_id=01000US&-qr_name=ACS_2005_EST_G00_S0101&-ds_name=ACS_2005_EST_G00_&-redoLog=false (accessed 17 July 2007).
- 13Fetal alcohol syndrome: diagnosis, epidemiology, prevention, and treatment. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1996., ,
- 15The Hispanic Americans Baseline Alcohol Survey (HABLAS): rates and predictors of DUI across Hispanic national groups. 2007; in press. Available online: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2007.09.010 (accessed 7 January 2008)., ,
- 16Effects of minimum drinking age laws: review and analyses of the literature from 1960 to 2000. J Stud Alcohol 2002; 14: 206–25.,
- 17National Research Council and Institute of Medicine. Reducing Underage Drinking: A Collective Responsibility. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2003.