NEW IMPETUS TO AIM ‘HIGHER, FASTER, STRONGER’
Article first published online: 15 JAN 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 104, Issue 2, pages 174–176, February 2009
How to Cite
CROME, I. (2009), NEW IMPETUS TO AIM ‘HIGHER, FASTER, STRONGER’. Addiction, 104: 174–176. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2008.02381.x
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 15 JAN 2009
- 1Why should addiction medicine be an attractive field for young physicians? Addiction 2009; 104: 169–72.,
- 2Academy of Medical Sciences. Brain Science, Addiction and Drugs. London: Academy of Medical Sciences; 2008.
- 3Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD). Cannabis Classification and Public Health. London: ACMD; 2008.
- 4Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD). Pathways to Problems: Hazardous Use of Tobacco, Alcohol and Other Drugs by Young People in the UK and its Implications for Policy. London: ACMD; 2006.
- 5HM Government. Drugs: Protecting Families and Communities—The 2008 Drug Strategy. London: Central Office of Information; 2008.
- 6Royal College of Psychiatrists and Royal College of General Practitioners Joint Substance Misuse Working Group. Roles and Responsibilities of Doctors in the Provision of Treatment for Drug and Alcohol Misusers. London: Royal College of Psychiatrists; 2005.
- 7National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health. Drug Misuse: Opioid Detoxification—The NICE Guideline. London: Royal College of Psychiatrists and the British Psychological Society; 2008.
- 10Alcohol: No Ordinary Commodity—Research and Public Policy. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2003., , , , , et al.
- 13The number, deployment, activities and attitudes of specialist consultant addiction psychiatrists in England: a national survey. Drug Educ Prev Polic 2009; in press., , ,
- 14National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse (NTA). Better Treatment, Better Outcomes: 2006/07 Annual Report. London: NTA; 2008.
- 15International Centre for Drug Policy (ICDP). Substance Misuse in the Undergraduate Medical Curriculum. London: ICDP; 2007.
- 16European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA). Towards a Better Understanding of Drug-Related Public Expenditure in Europe. Lisbon: EMCDDA; 2008.
- 17Addiction research and the future of addiction psychiatry. Psychiatr Bull 2001; 25: 242–3.
- 19Aspiring to Excellence: Findings and Final Recommendations of the Independent Inquiry into Modernising Medical Careers. London: MMC Inquiry; 2008., , , , , et al.
- 20Drugs and the Future. London: Academic Press; 2008., , , ,