Alcohol consumption during pregnancy and its effects on neurodevelopment: what is known and what remains uncertain
Article first published online: 10 FEB 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 104, Issue 8, pages 1270–1273, August 2009
How to Cite
Gray, R., Mukherjee, R. A. S. and Rutter, M. (2009), Alcohol consumption during pregnancy and its effects on neurodevelopment: what is known and what remains uncertain. Addiction, 104: 1270–1273. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2008.02441.x
- Issue published online: 13 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 10 FEB 2009
- Submitted 11 June 2008; initial review completed 28 August 2008; final version accepted 14 October 2008
- 2Children of alcoholic parents: abnormalities observed in 127 cases. Ouest Med 1968; 8: 476–82., , ,
- 4Surgeon General. U.S. Surgeon General Releases Advisory on Alcohol Use in Pregnancy: Urges Women Who are Pregnant or Who May Become Pregnant to Abstain from Alcohol. 2005. Available at: http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/pressreleases/sg02222005.html (accessed 1 June 2008).
- 13Fetal Alcohol Abuse Syndrome. New York: Plenum Press; 1998.
- 15Review of the Fetal Effects of Prenatal Alcohol Exposure. Report to the Department of Health. Oxford: National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit; 2006. Available at: http://www.npeu.ox.ac.uk/alcoholreport (accessed 1 June 2008).,
- 20British Medical Association Board of Science. Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: A Guide for Healthcare Professionals. London, UK: British Medical Association; 2007.
- 21Proceeding from observed correlation to causal inference: the use of natural experiments. Perspect Psychol Sci 2007; 2: 377–95.Direct Link:
- 24The effect of reduction in the price of alcohol on socioeconomic differences in alcohol-related mortality: a natural experiment based on register data. J Epidemiol Community Health 2007; 61: A22–3., ,