Addiction research centres and the nurturing of creativity: The Centre for Addictions Research of British Columbia, Canada
Version of Record online: 11 JAN 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2010 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 105, Issue 2, pages 207–215, February 2010
How to Cite
Stockwell, T., Reist, D., Macdonald, S., Benoit, C. and Jansson, M. (2010), Addiction research centres and the nurturing of creativity: The Centre for Addictions Research of British Columbia, Canada. Addiction, 105: 207–215. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2009.02789.x
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 11 JAN 2010
- Submitted 6 May 2009; initial review completed 17 July 2009; final version accepted 24 August 2009
- 1Centre for Addictions Research of BC. A Framework for Addictions Research and Knowledge Exchange in British Columbia. CARBC Strategic Plan for 2006–2010. Victoria, BC: University of Victoria; 2006.
- 3Alcohol Consumption in British Columbia and Canada: A Case for Liquor Taxes That Reduce Harm. CARBC Statistical Bulletin no. 3. Victoria, BC: University of Victoria; 2007., , , , , et al.
- 4Population Health and Wellness. Evidence Review: Healthy Living—Tobacco Control. Core Public Health Functions for BC. Victoria, BC: BC Ministry of Health; 2006.
- 6Changes in the prevalence and characteristics of Ontario workplace health programs: 1989–2003. Journal of Employee Assistance and Workplace Behavioural Health 2007; 22: 53., , , , , et al.
- 7Alcohol Pricing and Public Health in Canada: Issues and Opportunities. CARBC Technical Report. Victoria, BC: University of Victoria; 2006., ,
- 8Office of the BC Provincial Health Officer. A Public Health Approach to Alcohol Policy: An Updated Report from the Provincial Health Officer. Victoria, BC, Canada: BC Ministry of Health; 2008.
- 9Patterns of Drinking in British Columbia: An Analysis of the 2004 Canadian Addictions Survey. CARBC Statistical Bulletin no. 1. Victoria, BC: University of Victoria; 2005., ,
- 10Cannabis use in British Columbia: patterns of use, perceptions and public opinion as assessed in the 2004 Canadian Addiction. CARBC Statistical Bulletin no. 2. Victoria, BC: University of Victoria; 2006., , ,
- 11Regional Variations and Trends in Substance Use and Related Harm in BC. CARBC Statistical Bulletin no. 4. Victoria, BC: University of Victoria; 2008., , , , , et al.
- 12Out of the shadows at last: highlights and recommendations. The Standing Senate Committee on Social Affairs, Science And Technology, Senate of Canada: Ottawa; 2006. Available at: http://www.parl.gc.ca/39/1/parlbus/commbus/senate/com-e/soci-e/rep-e/pdf/rep02may06high-e.pdf (accessed 14 May 2009).,