Addiction Research Centres and the Nurturing of Creativity
University of Michigan Addiction Research Center (UMARC): development, evolution, and direction
Article first published online: 10 MAR 2010
© 2010 The Author. Journal compilation © 2010 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 105, Issue 6, pages 966–973, June 2010
How to Cite
Zucker, R. A. (2010), University of Michigan Addiction Research Center (UMARC): development, evolution, and direction. Addiction, 105: 966–973. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2010.02904.x
- Issue published online: 6 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 10 MAR 2010
- Submitted 21 July 2009; initial review completed 10 September 2009; final version accepted 24 November 2009
- 1The Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test—Geriatric Version (MAST-G): a new elderly-specific screening instrument. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 1992; 16: 372., , , , ,
- 2Alcohol and Aging. New York: Oxford University Press; 1995.,
- 3Developmental aspects of aging, alcohol involvement, and their interrelationship. In: GombergE. S. L., HegedusA. M., ZuckerR. A., editors. Alcohol Problems and Aging (NIAAA Research Monograph no. 33). Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services; 1998, p. 3–26.
- 4Alcohol involvement over the life course. In: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, editor. Tenth Special Report to the U.S. Congress on Alcohol and Health: Highlights from Current Research. Bethesda, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services; 2000, p. 28–53.
- 5Alcohol Problems and Aging (NIAAA Research Monograph no. 33. NIH Pub. no. 98-4163). Bethesda, MD: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA); 1998., ,
- 6University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry. Substance Abuse Section, Addiction Research Center website. Available from: http://www.med.umich.edu/psych/sub/research.htm (accessed 12 January 2010).
- 12Alcohol use and the alcohol use disorders: a developmental–biopsychosocial systems formulation covering the life course. In: CicchettiD., CohenD. J., editors. Developmental Psychopathology: vol. 3. Risk, Disorder and Adaptation, 2nd edn. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 2006, p. 620–56.
- 13Affective circuitry and risk for alcoholism in late adolescence: differences in frontostriatal responses between vulnerable and resilient children of alcoholic parents. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2008; 32: 414–26., , , ,
- 24Family etiology of youth problems. In: AsheryS., RobertsonE. B., KumpferK. L., editors. Drug Abuse Prevention Through Family Intervention (NIDA Research Monograph no. 176). Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services; 1998, p. 42–77., , , ,